my introduction

• iGoSouth
      iGoSouth
      Bronze
      Hi, I'm fairly new to this site; Actually just found out about it yesterday. Thought I'd say hello! :s_biggrin:
      I play mostly pot limit omaha, most people seem to play no limit holdem and that made me want to know more about the game.
      I also play some lesser popular forms of poker like badugi, 5 card draw and chinese poker.
      My specialty are cash games and I have to admit that my MTT strategy has to improve. Usually I go for low buy-in omaha or mixed games tournaments and have won a couple also, but I have the feeling that in order to be really profitable my skills should be better.
      Well that's all for now wish you all lots of luck at the tables.
  • 6 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey there welcome.

You been playing a long time? There is loads here for people of all experience/skill levels and for all different game types. Earn yourself some strategey points and you can read the PLO strategy articles watch the vids and i get yourself along to the PLO free live coachings you will soon see your game becoming even stronger.

Good luck at the tables
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi iGoSouth,

welcome to our community! :D ooh PLO, i heard that was the future of poker. now if that's true, you're ahead of newbies like me who have no idea about that game. definitely some great PLO players here. i know a few who play up to PLO 5k. although to be honest, there is waay more material on holdem, there is hopefully still a whole lot you can learn here.

glad to have you with us!

cheers,
      Wendy
    • iGoSouth
      iGoSouth
      Bronze
      I've been playing for roughly more then 2 years, but mostly whenever I had time and it wasn't a lot. In 2010 I played around 15k hands, both PLO and a little holdem among other games.
      As you've mentioned my access to the learning material is still limited but that will change quickly.
      Basically I wish to improve my SH holdem game where I tried a couple times NL 50 and 100, but the best I can do is to break even or to come out with some marginal winnings.
      Another very important aspect of my game is that I'm performing much better in cashgames then in MTTs, making me believe that this can also be improved.
      Regarding the PLO strategy material, well Wendy holdem is much more popular than PLO and in spite of the demand so is the offer oriented. Which in this particular case I believe it will change. :f_grin:
      In any case not worried about PLO right now and I'm also curious about the interaction with other forum users which hopefully will be enriching.

Cheers,
      B.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hmm interesting that u want to play so many different games. ive tried a few before but now focusing on beating nl50 sh. :) (still some ways to go). i really do want to improve in mtts too.
      hopefully ul get in more than 15k hands this year :) maybe work gets in the way? hehe. wat do you do in real life?
    • iGoSouth
      iGoSouth
      Bronze
      Yeah I wish to spend in average 30h/month playing and learning. Perhaps it isn't a lot but since my income isn't based on my poker winnings, I'll have to take it easy for now.
      One other thing that keeps me away from playing is my passion for the outdoors. :]
      I say sometimes: "My job is so secret that I don't even know what I'm doing myself!" :D I don't wish to get into much details but I can tip you off that it's financial security related.
      What about you?
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      ah outdoor monkey! you will get along with a lot of members here :D what's your hobby? like surfing? or sports? or just camping outside?

i myself am a couch potato :f_biggrin: financial security so banker of some kind? my job is no secret. since i dont have one :rolleyes: you could take a look at my blog if you're curious. you mentioned something about interacting with people in the forum. i think that's a great idea. so many wonderful people i've met here. browse the blogs a bit and see for yourself :)