Databases

• TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      Hi there I'm new with elephant.

I was just wondering if it works if i create 2 databases to record hands and stats on 2 different platforms does that work out. I've been playing with one data base but i only see hands that i've played on 1 platform? not sure maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I looked at setting parameters ie. hands played at ceratin time or dates but somtimes it comes up empty when i know ive played on a different platform that day.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
  • 3 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey TeddyTaiwan,

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to do, but let me explain a few things.

You can run mutliple databases for different platforms, but you would have to disable the autoimport for all but one platform every time you switch your databases.

Therefore I would recommend having only one database for all platforms. You can still use different filters to get the same result as with multiple databases.

In case you are missing hands from a certain platform, check the configuration for the correct autoimport path and check your platform usernames in settings -> sites.
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Silver
      Thanks for the advice

I was playing around on Elephant and found out how to create multiple databases, but found out the hard way what you said was better. 1 database and setting filters. I was missing hands earlier cause autoimport was disabled for 1 of my platforms lol noob error.

Thank you for your help though
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      :s_thumbsup: