Bad Beats & Losing control of my BR

• RazDirk
      RazDirk
      Bronze
      Well i've been on playing poker for just more than an year, been having the usual ups and downs. After learning a lot playing online decided to deposit $200 into Fulltilt and haven't seen much come my way tbh, i strictly told myself im gonna follow Ferguson's BRM and only play SnG & Tourney (that's where i find myself good at) Lost 40% of the stack though, well mostly bad beats and then a bit of steam and some stupid plays on rush poker tourney.
      But always kept to BRM, down to $140 and i feel like shit. Any advice?
  • 1 reply
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      You sure your following his brm? I had to look it up to be sure.

I'll never buy into a cash game or a Sit & Go with more than 5 percent of my total bankroll (there is an exception for the lowest limits: I'm allowed to buy into any game with a buy-in of $2.50 or less).

I won't buy into a multi-table tournament for more than 2 percent of my total bankroll and I'm allowed to buy into any multi-table tournament that costs $1.

If at any time during a No-Limit or Pot-Limit cash-game session the money on the table represents more than 10 percent of my total bankroll, I must leave the game when the blinds reach me.

Just a few things.. this is ok for cash games.. still quite agressive brm especially if you multitable a lot.

20bi brm is really bad for sng's. Players go on downswings larger then that frequently. for ST sngs i don't know what is the recommend brm. i suspect around 50bi is the most common. 2% for tournaments is against really bad. 50 bi brm is really not enough to handle the variance.

Just keep in mind this is his brm for that challenge and that his edge is so much bigger then yours that he could probably follow this and rarely go broke. Also consider that you might not even be a winning player yet.

Anyway. i recommend 100bi brm as a minimum for MT sng's and tournaments about 40-50 for STT is probably fine (correct me if im wrong). And 25bi brm for cash is pretty common. More importantly though.. study a lot.. watch videos, read articles analyse your hands etc.