[NL2-NL10] JJ against 3-bet

• Tombic

I have no clue how play it right. On turn i thought its good spot to bluff but failed. Is it worht to try?
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:heart: , J:club:
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $0,08, CO folds, Hero calls $0,08, SB folds, BB raises to $0,28, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,65) 8:club: , 5:heart: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,34, Hero calls $0,34.

Turn: ($1,33) 8:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $0,7, Hero raises to $1,62, BB raises to $3,02 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $5,97
  • 4 replies
    • joeldowey123
      its a tough spot, im about to post a similar situation with JJ, but i 3 bet and villian 4-bet and a 4high flop came, tough decision.

I take it you are posting this cause villian had QQ+ and had you beat?

This situation is Villian specific i'm afraid! agains rock its a fold, against manic its an all in.

what were his stats?
    • Tombic
      well, i posted stats i have and you can see them around his posiotion and stack size.
      He is pretty tight
    • joeldowey123
      sorry i didnt even look haha

yeah i wouldnt call the flop, id either make my mind up to push or fold dependig on how he had been playing.

Id prob push the flop looking at it again, thats a pretty standard c-bet

As played -

Id call his all in, i dont like your fold. its only $1.4 to win around $5.5 and you still might draw out if you hit a heart and he doesnt have one, or a J of course. He might have TT if he is inclined to play TT+ AQs+ hard, especially on that board. He could also be bluffing, if you had seeen him before.

like i said JJ is a villian specific hand i think
    • veriz
      Hello Tombic,

Preflop: While being a bit deeper I guess shouldn't be even that wrong to Call here. Although I would continue cautiously.
      Postflop: Your raise on turn doesn't make sense at all, if you are raising there then this means you as well going broke. Doesn't make sense to turn your hand into bluff. Either way, we are folding on turn or going broke. There is no way I am going to Raise/Fold the hand, waste of money.

Best regards.