Connection problems (lagging)

• petraise23
      petraise23
      Bronze
      Hi,

is anyone experiencing some issues with connection to the Full Tilt today? Lagging, delays and all that bothering stuff...
      I just don't think it is a problem on my side due to all tests I have done.

Thx for quick responses.
  • 16 replies
    • mrkhaan
      mrkhaan
      Bronze
      Hi,

I have serious problems too, I even reinstalled fulltilt soft, I came to the conclusion that it is my windows making a scene, so I booted into my linux and I have the same prob. Hopefully it will not last too long...

++
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      same here. after folding nuts several times, i decided its unplayable today on ftp :f_biggrin:
    • petraise23
      petraise23
      Bronze
      Ok, so lets wait until the new update...so sick :( Totally unplayable, stressing, tillting...
    • beastFromPrague
      beastFromPrague
      Bronze
      same problem here, but the lags werent longer than 5 secs

im from czech rep.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Perhaps they had to pay out so much money they haven't enough lef tfor the electricity meter.

And you guys are just poker junkies. :)
      P.S. hope it gets sorted soon for you.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Yea, had that too.. not very nice to have it all the time during a 6 hour tournament. :s_mad:
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Had this about 36 hours ago. All fine atm.
    • petraise23
      petraise23
      Bronze
      Well, nothing changes here...
    • mrkhaan
      mrkhaan
      Bronze
      Those lagging problems are still not over, it is really bothering to play rush poker with those frequents breaks in the action...
      Now, I wonder, this started at the beginning of the month, would fulltilt have changed its servers to cut out some expenses? This wouldn't be fun at all, especially since it doesn't seem to want to stop lagging.
      Anyone contacted their support successfully about this particular prob? Could a PokerStrategy admin try to contact them about this? Maybe it will be easier to get an overview of the situation this way.
      Hopefully it wont last too long, I feel like I'm rushing with crutches...
    • MojaDunja
      MojaDunja
      Bronze
      anyone playing now? i play and everything is out.
    • MikeF
      MikeF
      Bronze
      not possible to play right now, atleast from germany, big thread in the german fulltilt board also
    • blackaces82
      blackaces82
      Bronze
      i have the same problem running ftp on mac os x. really annoying when multitabling. im from germany too. hope they fix this soon...
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      Maybe this is a local problem, I've been playing fine in Iceland.
    • petraise23
      petraise23
      Bronze
      It is even worse :///
      Could some admin read this and try to talk to someone? FTP support is not answering...
    • blackaces82
      blackaces82
      Bronze
      now i cant connect at all anymore. that all cant be good...
    • mrkhaan
      mrkhaan
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I contacted the fulltilt support about this problem, I had a fast reply but clearly not conclusive. I don't know if they are unaware of the problem or if they don't wanna admit there is a problem.

I'll try to shorten the email exchange to make it more readable.

First I contact them to ask if they know about this prob and if they know if it will last long, this is the first answer :

"Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support.

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing connectivity issues. We can certainly help you figure out what the problem is.

First, we need some information about your Internet connection. Please answer the following three questions in your reply to this email:

1) What type of Internet connection do you have?
      2) What Internet service provider are you using?
      3) Are you using a wireless Internet connection?

Next, we would like you to run a traceroute and email it back to us. The traceroute will help us determine why your connections to the server may be weak and target the source of the issue.

Once we receive your traceroute report and response to our questions, we'll be able to determine the best way to assist you."

In the mail they also explain how to traceroute. I do what they ask for and send them the result which looked like this :

" 1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
      2 14 ms 15 ms 14 ms 89.122.152.254
      3 14 ms 14 ms 14 ms 10.0.221.73
      4 45 ms 44 ms 44 ms 10.0.241.13
      5 46 ms 47 ms 46 ms 10.0.241.150
      6 44 ms 44 ms 59 ms ae0-1802-xcr1.fra.cw.net [62.208.252.197]
      7 53 ms 52 ms 52 ms xe-8-1-0-xcr1.prp.cw.net [195.2.9.49]
      8 68 ms 67 ms 69 ms cw-guernsey-gw.prp.cw.net [195.10.62.18]
      9 68 ms 69 ms 68 ms 212.30.0.53
      10 68 ms 68 ms 68 ms 212.30.0.62
      11 * * * Request timed out.
      12 * * * Request timed out.
      13 * * * Request timed out.
      14 * * * Request timed out.
      15 * * * Request timed out.
      16 * * * Request timed out.
      17 * * * Request timed out.
      18 * * * Request timed out.
      19 * * * Request timed out.
      20 * * * Request timed out.
      21 * * * Request timed out.
      22 * * * Request timed out.
      23 * * * Request timed out.
      24 * * * Request timed out.
      25 * * * Request timed out.
      26 * * * Request timed out.
      27 * * * Request timed out.
      28 * * * Request timed out.
      29 * * * Request timed out.
      30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete."

and here is the answer:

"Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker Support and sending the necessary reports.

Upon reviewing the reports, I do not see anything that would drastically affect the connectivity at your end. However please be advised that traceroute report shows the connectivity status at a particular time only.

I would like you to make sure that any programs that might be using bandwidth (Internet) in the background are closed when playing on Full Tilt.

Next, I would like you to do some basic maintenance on your network in the hopes that it will correct the connectivity issue:

Reset your local network (you might want to print out this email so that you can follow the steps).

- On your computer, delete all temporary Internet files and cookies.
      - Do a virus and spyware scan, and eliminate any issues encountered.
      - Shut your computer down.
      - Unplug your router and computer from the wall and from each other.
      - Leave it unplugged for 5 to 10 minutes.
      - Plug your router into power and allow it to cycle
      - Plug your computer in to power, then into your router and turn your computer back on.

The point of this whole exercise is to clear out the buffers and caches of your connectivity hardware. This should greatly enhance your connection stability and speed. Doing this once a week or two weeks should keep your hardware running at it's best.

Please note that Full Tilt Poker provides links to third-party websites and products as a courtesy to our players, and neither endorses nor assumes responsibility for the use of these products or websites, which are independent of Full Tilt Poker. Please be aware that any information or products mentioned should be used or referenced at your own risk and discretion."

This answer surprised me, I am sure this problem is not due to my connection
      since I tested it both in windows XP and linux mint and everything works fine ( I even played fulltilt in my linux using wineHQ which has always worked just fine and experienced the exact same problem as in windows xp), I have no problems browsing or downloading anything. Plus there are your reports about a simultaneous problem, at the same time in other countries. I let them know this (again) in my last email and here is the last response:

"We're sorry to hear your experiencing connection difficulties.

Your report of disconnection/latency issues in your area has been forwarded to the appropriate department and the issue is
      currently under investigation."

Well, as I said earlier, it is not conclusive. I really would like to see a PokerStrategy admin interested in this problem, I think that maybe he or she could have access to more accurate details about this thing.

PS: sorry for the huge message, I shrunk it as much as possible without altering it.