BB: $2.18
      UTG: $2.32
      UTG+1: $1.90
      MP: $2.00
      MP+1: $2.73
      LP: $2.05

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has J:diamond: J:club:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.22, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.98, Hero calls $0.76

Flop: ($1.98, 2 players) 4:heart: 3:diamond: 2:spade:
      Hero checks, MP+1 bets $1.75 and is all-in, fold

Looking back at this i cringe - its just horrible play, i think its all in or fold, and even though i get a ncie flop, i know i'm behind probably.

As played, should i have called the flop all in, or pushed myself?

Pre-flop, all in or fold?

Villian was pretty unknown
  • 3 replies
    • Jim4rdo
      This is the problem i'm facing with 3bets and 3betting at the moment.

You need to have a plan for post flop play too.

When you say he was pretty unknown, you have to think if you are gonna 3bet for value or as a bluff. If it's a tight player then you're more turning your hand into a bluff, but can get value out of a looser player.

Before you 3bet, try and think what you're going to do if he 4bets. Are you going to call, fold, shove?

When you call this, you really can't get away on such a great flop in a 4bet pot, so personally I think if you play it how you did you have to call the all in (although i'd prefer to c-bet in case he played aq/ak losely and will still fold)

I think you could maybe fold the JJ PF, since the 4bet vs this unknown opponent is pretty strong, but that's just me.
    • joeldowey123
      Yeah i agree Jim, that how i would normally play it, but this time i was just like, ''ehh stuck eehhh what eehhh to do ehhh'' kinda thing

dunno why, normally i play it stright forward and either get it in or fold long before this. Yeah on such a great flop i dont knwo why i didnt call
    • veriz
      Hello joeldowey123,

Preflop: If he is rather tighter opponent then I wouldn't even 3bet it here. Rather just Call and play postflop. And as he 4bets us then doesn't make sense to Call, rather just ship it. Although according to his raise size, I might even prefer folding. Because at the best we anyways getting a coinflip vs AK or something similar.

As played
      Postflop: Doesn't really make sense to Call preflop and then give up on such a flop. You basically wasting money into nothing. You wont hit your set often enough.

Best regards.