Hero (BB): $2.03
      UTG: $1.87
      UTG+1: $2.33
      MP: $2.05
      CO: $0.96
      BTN: $2.75

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has J:heart: 9:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.40, 2 players) 6:diamond: 9:diamond: 7:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.24, SB calls $0.24

Turn: ($0.88, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.52, SB raises to $2.12 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.07 and is all-in

River: ($4.06, 2 players) A:diamond:

Hero shows J:heart: 9:heart: (Two Pair, Nines and Sevens) (Pre 48%, Flop 58%, Turn 61%)
      SB shows 8:diamond: 8:club: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 52%, Flop 42%, Turn 39%)
      SB wins $0.00
      SB wins $3.86

After redaing this you are probably thinking WTF?? but he had button raised 4/4 times when it was folded to him so i felt he was always stealing, hence the raise

As played, i have to protect my made hand, and his call made me think draw/weak made hand like low pp

turn camewhich game me a couple more re-draw outs.

His all in just felt off, if he did hit the flush and i was being aggressive he would just call and let me fire again so this reinforced my PP/missed set but still had a SD thought.

And i was right, but jsut got unlucky.

Did i play this okay, I realise its very villian specific
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello joeldowey123,

Preflop: You can easily just Call here as well. Don't have to always 3bet. J9s is pretty great hand to play with and even having position.
      Flop: I'd definitely bet it bigger here while the board is just so drawy, ~$0,30 at least.
      Turn: But here I am actually not a really big fan of going broke. A lot better 9x as possible, even FDs are possible, FHs, trips etc which easily win us. The problem is that we just don't win that many hands, maybe some combodraw type of hands and that's likely it. And even against them we wont get that great equity. Therefore I might rather prefer even folding here unless I know the opponent better.

Of course we need like only 27% equity to make it break-even but we could be already pretty much dead. :( Just try asking, what hands do you beat?

Best regards.