Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($16.72)
      CO ($8.25)
      BTN ($10)
      Dragar (SB) ($15.10)
      BB ($6.90)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Dragar is SB Q:heart: Q:diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.30, 1 fold, BTN raises to $1, Dragar raises to $2.50, 1 fold, UTG folds, BTN raises to $4.90, Dragar folds

Final Pot: $7.80

BTN wins $7.80 (net +$2.90)

UTG lost $0.30
      Dragar lost $2.50

UTG is rather right.. he should have KK+ for not shoving after my raise
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dragar,

Try putting yourself into UTG or BTN spot. What hands would you give yourself? Most likely it's something like KK+, if a bit looser then QQ/AK maybe even. But that's basically at the best. But more often stronger range.

Therefore I don't like the 4bet at all here. At the best I would just Call and play postflop. Not many worse hands will continue here anyways and at the best we might get a coinflip. And of course doesn't make sense to 4bet/fold. :(

Best regards.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Ok...

Let's assume I just call. As played UTG would now raise... button may fold... I do what?

I could call again since UTG cannot put me on QQ.

Now board comes, I will most likely not hit my Q. If there are no overs.. I have to call again since it makes no sense to fold... usually this bet would now already be over 2.5$ because of inflated pot.

I am aware that worse hands will fold. But its just.. I do not want to be put into a very expensive situation post-flop as a cooler where I am forced to call for atleast another street.

The way I see it is by doing the 4-bet I get away cheap in a wa/wb situation where I know I am wb.

Btw if UTG would have pushed pre I would have called since he most likely is holding AK now.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Let's assume I just call. As played UTG would now raise... button may fold... I do what?

You mean you would have the option to 3bet or Call here? Then depends on the opponent, if his range might be even tighter then I'd basically just Call and play postflop.

And postflop play it depends a lot on the opponent, we may still Call the flop and reevaluate it on turn. Although without seeing the board and correct raises/calls/reraises etc, it's hard to Call what kind of spot you are talking about.

As you went for a 4bet then you can't really fold anymore, even if UTG would shove or BTN, just doesn't make sense. And of course I wouldn't really put him on exactly AK type of hand.