This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] rush NL25 river play

• Torg0th
      Torg0th
      Black
      Full Tilt - $0.25 NL RUSH (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $27.70
      BTN: $9.75
      SB: $25.79
      Hero (BB): $25.00
      UTG: $15.30
      MP: $48.38

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has Q:heart: J:club:

fold, MP raises to $0.50, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.10, 2 players) Q:spade: J:diamond: 4:heart:
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.10, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.25, MP calls $1.25

River: ($4.60, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero bets $2.00, MP raises to $10.60, Hero folds

No good sample on villain but he played 71/29 over 14 hands so i guess we can assume he tends to be on the loose side.
      On the flop I check/call because I figure it hits his range and board is rather dry so there's a good chance he bets, I think I should've raised him though he's probably calling with a straight draw and AQ/KQ maybe even AJ or KJ.
      On the turn my bet is on the smallish side to keep those one pair hands there.
      On the river I would have a way better idea how to play it if I had reads on him but seeing as he's rather unknown I figure he has a set or a straight here almost always.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d c/r flop and play for stacks, but if you take that line then you should call river, he can first raise for value worse hands+ he can always bluff there
    • Torg0th
      Torg0th
      Black
      What worse hands? From his play I really don't see him having a worse 2 pair like Q8 or J8 and I doubt he's making an almost 2x pot raise with AQ or KQ for value.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Torg0th
      What worse hands? From his play I really don't see him having a worse 2 pair like Q8 or J8 and I doubt he's making an almost 2x pot raise with AQ or KQ for value.
      Well to me it is likely 86s, although I´m not sure why he is making that big river raise. So I would likely also put him some kind pf miss draw, that should make b/c river quite easy with top two pair.
      He is also reping 75 and 66, but that is generally so small part of his range that I wouldn´t worry about that. You have very strong hand consider that board and I would not look hero fold against player who min-raised pf, checked back flop and now suddenly decides to raise on the river