TURN ($1.45) A:club: 8:club: T:club: J:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB calls $1

RIVER ($3.45) A:club: 8:club: T:club: J:diamond: 5:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $2.65, BB folds

Hero shows 5:club: 5:diamond:

Hero wins $3.23

73/4/1.8 74hands

PRE: stand
      F: i think c-bet is better then check becouse if he has FD, GS i get value and if he fold some his OC this is good for me.

T: i consider here checkback or bet/fold. I if i bet again he fold a lot 8x, 77-66 maybe Tx, get value from FD but loose more Ax, Jx hands but this hand i loose anyway.

R: easy vb.
  • 4 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Strange hand :f_biggrin:

I'd probably check flop with the intention of folding and check the turn with the intention of folding. The issue is against a calling station he's likely to call us down with any pair even if it is a monotone board and he's out of position. And i assume he's a calling station because of his preflop stats. I don't think he's folding any of the hands you mention on the turn because players who play 73% of the time preflop don't like folding ever. Although by betting flop and turn you do get value from his flush draws I just think 55 is a hand we should concentrate on pot control with rather than value.
    • deivid2
      deivid2
      Global
      i think flop is good c-bet for protection and i can play easy next street if i check i must fold any bet.
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      If you cbet flop you have to fold to turn donk or check raise anyway though don't you? It's obviously close because he could donk with ATC on the turn if you just check but he's quite passive so maybe we can hope he wouldn't? Dunno, the cbets probably fine, but I think you're overvaluing a pair. I don't think it's for protection because that would imply it's for value too and it clearly isn't/shouldn't be. Maybe cbet flop check turn would be a better line than i suggested, i just think if you don't want to cbet 100% of flops this would be a good one to check back.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello deivid2,

Against a station I don't like 2nd barreling at all. Rather would just Check behind on turn and give it up. But as played seems to be fine, definitely bet it for value on river.

Best regards.