Fishy Poker Room?

• MAXBLUE
      MAXBLUE
      Bronze
      Last night I decided to check out a new POKER ROOM after seeing a TV advert for [Edited by Ingrid:Free $50 ] on a poker channel.

One thing that seems to be an important point when comparing and choosing a poker room is the amount of FISH that a sight has. The more the better, seems to be the general thought. But I disagree, if you have more than basic skills/talent I think less fish on a sight would be better.

Fish on cash games are overall good profit.

But what if your main thing is MTT's?

I have found it very hard to hit the top end of MTT's due to the amount of bad calls I get from bad player with no hand or very weak hand who then get runner runner to win.

In a cash game if this happens reload and get your revenge on the lucky fish, in an MTT your out for the count. I think varience is much larger with a weak field of players than with a strong field. Luck rules the game more than skill.

So knowing fish levels is very important, and is relative to what game you prefer, and what buyin you can afford. Higher buyin games generally seem to have a bigger field of solid players, thus lower varience.

Keep it in mind when choosing a new poker room.

Thoughts? Agree? Disagree?
  • 3 replies