Dealt to Hero 4:spade: 4:heart:

Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, SB raises to $1, fold, Hero calls $0.70

FLOP ($2.10) 5:heart: 5:diamond: J:heart:

SB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

TURN ($6.30) 5:heart: 5:diamond: J:heart: T:diamond:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($6.30) 5:heart: 5:diamond: J:heart: T:diamond: 8:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

28/27/5.4 212 i have read he c-betpot - giveup miss hand.

PRE: He 3b 6% so he do this value range. We are little deep so i decied gambling to my set.

F: i think here and decied call becosue he miss AK-AQ and this is 50% his 3b range so here my 44 often are ahed and i can goes to SD.

T: cosider bet but i decied this time goes to SD.
  • 2 replies
    • fryandspicy
      I don't think you can call preflop with 44 unless you're willing to make some moves with it post flop. Violates the call20 rule. I'd fold pre.

On the flop i like the float against his range of 6% because he won't always have a pocket pair and even if he does he won't always be happy with it. He pots it which is strange but we can call here with the intention of bluffing the turn if he checks with your read.

I don't think checking the turn is a good idea. A bet here could get him to fold alot of weak pocket pairs like 66,77 etc if his WTS is low enough and capitalises on the dead money in the pot if he is planning to check fold AK AQ. Checking with 44 when he has loads of overcard outs to bet for value/bluff on the river is risky at the least. You aren't getting any more value out of AK or AQ so may as well fold them out now rather than letting them hit their outs in my opinion.

River when he checks he probably has some kind of showdown value and i think it's too late to try and take it off him after showing weakness on the turn. Check behind here is probably best.
    • veriz
      Hello deivid2,

Preflop: Guess it should be even doable here for the given odds.
      Postflop: The thing is that if he even had the overpair there on turn then I would rather consider him betting himself to protect from overcards and of course some draw type of hands. Therefore I'd just bet the turn and maybe even make fold worse PPs which may beat us. But of course it ain't like a very big mistake to Check behind.

Best regards.