turn decision

• siPain
      siPain
      Bronze
      he is LAG player ,playing a lot of hands from the blinds i didnt play too much with him but he seems to play his hands aggressive

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd, hands go to http://www.pokerstrategy.com/en/articles/182/?referer=grabem_hand)
      Position:
      BBvsSteal WTS W$SD ORL
      RaisePreflop hands AF vp$ip

SB:
      - 23 67 43
      26 34 4.3 50

BB:
      0 60 67 0
      0 09 3.0 78

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Ad, Qh
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, BU folds, SB calls $0.06, BB calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.21) Qd, Ts, 8d (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.15, SB raises to $0.30, BB folds, Hero calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.81) As (2 players)
      SB bets $0.81
      Hero ?????
  • 5 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Top 2 Pair, personally i think its call, possible put him on QT, trying to protect his hand? or KT.
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      How did the hand finish?
    • siPain
      siPain
      Bronze
      i raise all in and he called... he had Q9 and the last card was J
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      I don't get it why people ask questions like this.

Well since he had 4 outs of course it was right, even in this one single case, wasn't it? If he had a set, well this might be a reason to post it, maybe he gave a tell or there is a hidden information in the stats/history which betrays his hand. But that's not the case, he had 8% equity and you ask if it was a good decision. Are you planning to run away from people pushing gutshots?

At least post it as a bad beat story, it makes more sense.
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      Originally posted by siPain
      he is LAG player ,playing a lot of hands from the blinds i didnt play too much with him but he seems to play his hands aggressive

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Ad, Qh
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, BU folds, SB calls $0.06, BB calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.21) Qd, Ts, 8d (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.15, SB raises to $0.30, BB folds, Hero calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.81) As (2 players)
      SB bets $0.81
      Hero ?????
      hi siPain :s_thumbsup:

Nice to see that we're going to have another professional poker player in the future :)

Firstly, it's very good that you post your hands. I recommend you to post them in the Hand Evalution Forums. You're going to have your hand judged by a professional hand judge.

With regards to your hand, unless your opponent is a maniac, your hand is not very strong on this board, with two flush draws, possible straights, but you beat all the two pairs. It'd be very difficult to c/c hand and c/f river because of potential bluff outs and risk of folding a stronger hand. We're facing two choices- do we think we can take the entire stack of our opponent if he has another 2 pairs. Very often, yes, therefore, potential raise/call line due to depolarized villain's range (many draws + combos and small equity advantage vs maniac). It might be a clear fold against a passive player.

A call is troublesome although might seem the best option against someone's re-raise range (raise of your potential raise w/top two pairs), ie. in case it includes nut+ combodraws only. Fold is possible, because bluff catching will be very difficult. Even against a player who's aggression factor on the river is low, but his river calling range is wide on average, you can expect a bluff on the river; you can definitely expect a river bluff on the river from a player who overbets turn.

It is a very tough spot. Vs a tight player (use our Equilab to see it! :) ) our turn calling range has to deal with (still, AT won't be probably played this way):

HERO 28.35% 28.35% 0.00% AdQh
      VILLAIN 71.65% 71.65% 0.00% KJs, Td9d, Ts9s, ATo, KJo

This player's WTSD (although its prolly a small sample size) is low, therefore his re-raise range is narrow, therefore potential fold is possible. Given his line though, i think it'd be very difficult and i'd prolly play raise/call, because he'd value bet different two pairs hands. Against a less spewy (overly aggressive in certain spots, I'd fold turn though.

I'm wishing you all the best and hope you will be working hard to improve your game.

Cheers,
      Michal