This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

turn decision

• siPain
      siPain
      Bronze
      he is LAG player ,playing a lot of hands from the blinds i didnt play too much with him but he seems to play his hands aggressive

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd, hands go to http://www.pokerstrategy.com/en/articles/182/?referer=grabem_hand)
      Position:
      BBvsSteal WTS W$SD ORL
      RaisePreflop hands AF vp$ip

SB:
      - 23 67 43
      26 34 4.3 50

BB:
      0 60 67 0
      0 09 3.0 78

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Ad, Qh
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, BU folds, SB calls $0.06, BB calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.21) Qd, Ts, 8d (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.15, SB raises to $0.30, BB folds, Hero calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.81) As (2 players)
      SB bets $0.81
      Hero ?????
  • 5 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Top 2 Pair, personally i think its call, possible put him on QT, trying to protect his hand? or KT.
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      How did the hand finish?
    • siPain
      siPain
      Bronze
      i raise all in and he called... he had Q9 and the last card was J
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      I don't get it why people ask questions like this.

Well since he had 4 outs of course it was right, even in this one single case, wasn't it? If he had a set, well this might be a reason to post it, maybe he gave a tell or there is a hidden information in the stats/history which betrays his hand. But that's not the case, he had 8% equity and you ask if it was a good decision. Are you planning to run away from people pushing gutshots?

At least post it as a bad beat story, it makes more sense.
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      Originally posted by siPain
      he is LAG player ,playing a lot of hands from the blinds i didnt play too much with him but he seems to play his hands aggressive

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Ad, Qh
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, BU folds, SB calls $0.06, BB calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.21) Qd, Ts, 8d (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.15, SB raises to $0.30, BB folds, Hero calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.81) As (2 players)
      SB bets $0.81
      Hero ?????
      hi siPain :s_thumbsup:

Nice to see that we're going to have another professional poker player in the future :)

Firstly, it's very good that you post your hands. I recommend you to post them in the Hand Evalution Forums. You're going to have your hand judged by a professional hand judge.

With regards to your hand, unless your opponent is a maniac, your hand is not very strong on this board, with two flush draws, possible straights, but you beat all the two pairs. It'd be very difficult to c/c hand and c/f river because of potential bluff outs and risk of folding a stronger hand. We're facing two choices- do we think we can take the entire stack of our opponent if he has another 2 pairs. Very often, yes, therefore, potential raise/call line due to depolarized villain's range (many draws + combos and small equity advantage vs maniac). It might be a clear fold against a passive player.

A call is troublesome although might seem the best option against someone's re-raise range (raise of your potential raise w/top two pairs), ie. in case it includes nut+ combodraws only. Fold is possible, because bluff catching will be very difficult. Even against a player who's aggression factor on the river is low, but his river calling range is wide on average, you can expect a bluff on the river; you can definitely expect a river bluff on the river from a player who overbets turn.

It is a very tough spot. Vs a tight player (use our Equilab to see it! :) ) our turn calling range has to deal with (still, AT won't be probably played this way):

HERO 28.35% 28.35% 0.00% AdQh
      VILLAIN 71.65% 71.65% 0.00% KJs, Td9d, Ts9s, ATo, KJo

This player's WTSD (although its prolly a small sample size) is low, therefore his re-raise range is narrow, therefore potential fold is possible. Given his line though, i think it'd be very difficult and i'd prolly play raise/call, because he'd value bet different two pairs hands. Against a less spewy (overly aggressive in certain spots, I'd fold turn though.

I'm wishing you all the best and hope you will be working hard to improve your game.

Cheers,
      Michal