[NL2-NL10] KJs nl2

• Tombic
      not much sense in his actions so decided to call or should i muck? (many times expierenced not to call such donks :s_confused: )

Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:club: , J:club:
      2 folds, CO calls $0,02, Hero raises to $0,10, 2 folds, CO calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,23) K:spade: , Q:spade: , 2:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0,22, CO calls $0,22.

Turn: ($0,67) 6:heart: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0,67) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $0,64, Hero calls $0,64.

Final Pot: $1,95
  • 2 replies
    • fryandspicy
      Preflop and flop play is fine

I think you should bet the turn against this particular opponent with the intention to fold to a raise. His preflop action implies he's probably a loose passive player, so he's very likely to call you with worse hands and check to you on the river where you can decide whether to keep the pot small or throw in another value bet.

When you check the turn you have this difficult decision to make on the river. Is he betting because he has a better hand than you or because you showed weakness? Against a more aggressive type of player you can check the turn to induce this river bet, but against a loose passive player it's probably best to just fold here because of the bet sizing.
    • veriz
      Hello Tombic,

Definitely have to bet the turn as well for protection and for free showdown. You basically did induce him to bluff on river and therefore I would likely Call him down.

Rather bet the turn than play this way. Unless you really planned to Check/Fold on turn & river.

Best regards.