[NL2-NL10] NL 2 - KK - bad board

• Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Hello,

what about this hand? On the flop, I wanted to protect against straight draws, the raise was probably too small. On the turn, I thought any pair + A kicker or straight draw + A from the flop beats me and his raise shows strength. Maybe he would slowplay a made straight, but he would definitely protect a set (but maybe a set would 3bet me on the flop..).

Opponent is unknown.

Thanks for the evaluation!

Best wishes.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $2.10
      SB:
      $4.06
      BB:
      $0.80
      UTG2:
      $2.67
      MP1 (Hero):
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $0.91
      MP3:
      $1.94
      CO:
      $2.10

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, K.
      UTG2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 6 folds, UTG2 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.23) T, 7, 9 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.14, Hero raises to $0.50, UTG2 calls $0.36.

Turn: ($1.23) A (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.92, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.23.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dback357,

Seems to be fine and I don't mind such a play. And of course we can't really do much on turn anymore. A lot 2pairs are possible and of course sets and maybe even made straights.

Best regards.
    • Dback357
      Dback357
      Bronze
      Thanks Veriz!

And what if the turn was a blank? My original plan was to be agressive and possibly go broke if turn would be a blank. Also, if he 3bet me on the flop, I think I'd 4bet shove. Is this too agressive?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      And what if the turn was a blank?

Then he might not bet into us this way as well. :) Although more likely if he even does then I might even consider folding. Because it will be usually a trap. He wouldn't play this way with weak hands.

Also, if he 3bet me on the flop, I think I'd 4bet shove. Is this too agressive?

Nah, I wouldn't really go broke unless I know the opponent better. The problem is that he limp/called preflop and now when he turns more aggressive on flop then may easily mean that he has some kind of set or something similar. So basically would be really useful to know the opponent either he could play this way with his draws or TP type of hand.