$2,06
      Hero:
      $0,82
      MP1:
      $2,28
      MP2:
      $1,05

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:spade: , 5:spade:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0,04, MP2 calls $0,04, 3 folds, SB calls $0,02, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,16) A:club: , Q:heart: , 5:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,12, MP1 calls $0,12, 2 folds.

Turn: ($0,40) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,28, MP1 calls $0,28.

River: ($0,96) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: $0,96

Hello.

I am thinking about the river play.

1) Is checking fine? He will probably not call another bet with missed flush draw or small pocket pair. I would just isolate myself against an ace.

2) In case mp1 bets, what should I do? I am ahead against bluff, but behind if he has an ace. His AF is too low. He probably does not bluff too often in order to make my call profitable, so should I check/fold the river?

Thanks.
  • 4 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey JohnDoe1313,

Well played, you could make the turn bet a bit bigger, but 70% of the pot is already good.

On the river, c/f would be the best. He will have missed draws and Ax hands where Ax combinations will be the majority of his range. Plus you can't be sure whether he does bluff with missed draws or not.

Best regards,
      burek2000
    • gogolstar
      gogolstar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      Hey JohnDoe1313,

Well played, you could make the turn bet a bit bigger, but 70% of the pot is already good.

On the river, c/f would be the best. He will have missed draws and Ax hands where Ax combinations will be the majority of his range. Plus you can't be sure whether he does bluff with missed draws or not.

Best regards,
      burek2000
      Hi burek. Can we bet a little more in flop too or we should fold to resistence if a FD is completed in Turn? If neither of them, we´re giving him implied odds to play profitably his FD.

Cya!!
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gogolstar
      Originally posted by burek2000
      Hey JohnDoe1313,

Best regards,
      burek2000
      Hi burek. Can we bet a little more in flop too or we should fold to resistence if a FD is completed in Turn? If neither of them, we´re giving him implied odds to play profitably his FD.

Cya!!
      Hey,

You can of course bet more on the flop, too, a potsized bet is usually a standard in unraised pots, but I consider 3/4 good enough already. As for resistance if FD completes, we need to know what resistance you have in mind, but standard would be to bet again for value even if FD completes.

Best regards,
      burek2000
    • gogolstar
      gogolstar
      Bronze
      That´s right, I was forgetting that DP is enough strong to play it aggresively, and flush is not the only hand in villain´s range. Enough reasons to have confidence in your hand.

Thanks for the explanation. ;)

Cya!!