3Betting

• ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey, i guess i use the Starting hand Guide hands slightly, along with my own style but, i find that ever time i'm 3Betting There always folding and im never getting value from my hands, im starting to think that i should limp in with them, as i know my AK's are probably in better shape most of the time.

For example MP3 had rased 3x (0.75) folded to me in SB where i 3Bet to 8x (2.00) I then take down the pot. Yes i won $1, but i feel i should be getting alot more value? This happens often, no matter which position somtimes i'll 3bet 7x, somtimes 9x. Same results.

Its always the same with my Big Pairs AA/KK, i'll 3Bet and scare everyone off, surely i should start calling their raises, as long as there 3x at least? And just let them do all the betting for me and try to get some extra value on the river? Fold to 2 barrels if and A hits with my KK?
  • 3 replies
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Hey, i guess i use the Starting hand Guide hands slightly, along with my own style but, i find that ever time i'm 3Betting There always folding and im never getting value from my hands, im starting to think that i should limp in with them, as i know my AK's are probably in better shape most of the time.

For example MP3 had rased 3x (0.75) folded to me in SB where i 3Bet to 8x (2.00) I then take down the pot. Yes i won $1, but i feel i should be getting alot more value? This happens often, no matter which position somtimes i'll 3bet 7x, somtimes 9x. Same results.
      Does this analysis come from a decent sample of hands? If you limp strong hands you miss tonnes of value because you'll only ever win a small pot - You also allow weaker hands an opportunity to outdraw you cheaply. If everyone really is folding to your 3bets over a decent sample then it's time to see who is doing it and in what positions. Once armed with this information just 3bet them relentlessley until they adjust and then make sure you re-adjust by going back to your standard 3bet range. Now you will get some value.

Be sure that this really is happening over a meaningful sample though and that you are not being fooled by card variance. Over a small sample it could simply be the case that every time you have a strong hand the player you have 3bet has some mediocre holding that you would rarely get value from anyway.

You're playing nl25 right? And I assume it's FR? If so this is super nitty anyway so be careful when you get 4bet!

Use a hud and pick your spots - If people are hardly ever 4betting and folding loads to 3bets just abuse the hell out of them, just make sure you're fully aware of their ranges in different positions so that you can exploit their tendencies properly.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Yea, NL25, FR you mean Fixed Rate? Its No Limit.

I guess its not over a large volume of hands, as i've deleted all my HH from before May, as i was learning alot and my game was changing all over the place, similar to this month but a bit more rounded stats.

I've only been 3Betting Cash games for the past 2 weeks or so, after i ran Leakbuster, telling me that i should.

I'll go a month and see how it works out, Perhaps i dont have enough volume yet.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      FR means full ring, with 9-10 seats at the table instead of SH = shorthanded with 5-6 seats at the table.

Part of the luck in the game is whether your opponents have a second-best hand when you have the nuts. Sometimes you won't get action with your good hands, and that doesn't mean you should turn them into trapping hands and hope your opponent catches up a little. If you don't 3-bet, you are letting your opponents outflop you for free, or they might get scared off by a flop you like and they don't. It's a shame if you have AA and your opponent would have stacked off preflop with QQ, but he shuts down after a K-high flop.

If everyone is folding when you 3-bet, then you should 3-bet as a bluff with many weaker hands. Don't just 3-bet high pocket pairs. If your opponents fold often enough, then you can 3-bet with trashy hands, and give up when you get called unless you hit the flop very hard. See my video "Immediate Profit."

Usually don't slow-play the nuts against a player who feels he has underrepresented his hand. This often includes players who raised UTG.