[NL2-NL10] nl5 rush qko

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Really not sure what to think about this hand.

I had a read on 1st villian that he just limp calls most pots, trying to set mine even bigger bets.

The raiser in SB is quite a loose player so I figured a small iso QK kind of hand, so I 3bet here to hopefully get 1st to call

No point betting flop or raising I don't think, but obviously for such a weak bet I'll call.

On turn seems a pretty great card for me to bet. The original raiser checked it, so I think now he's maybe on QK,QJ, some kind of connector, and since my read on the limper was he folds unless he hits his set, I don't think he's on Ax here because it wouldn't really make sense, so great card for me to bluff.

What are your thoughts here?

Thanks!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.52)
      Hero ($9.26)
      UTG ($1.74)
      UTG+1 ($1.92)
      UTG+2 ($2)
      MP1 ($5.14)
      MP2 ($1.80)
      CO ($1.79)
      BTN ($11.81)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.05, SB raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.55, BTN calls $0.50, SB calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.65) T:heart: 7:heart: 3:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $0.10, SB calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10

TURN ($1.95) T:heart: 7:heart: 3:spade: A:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.90, BTN folds, SB folds

Hero shows Q:club: K:spade:

Hero wins $1.82
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Preflop: Of course you have fold equity here and shouldn't be that big mistake to 3bet here. Although while being a bit deeper it's pretty close. I might even at some spots just Call and play postflop.
      Postflop: Not really big fan of floating the flop actually vs 2 opponents. I guess I'd just give it up right on flop or either consider even CBetting being better. But as played, you have to take stabs into the pot and try to win and with Checking you likely wont. So can try the donk line with your GS.

Of course we do get there like amazing odds, but now again if we even do hit, we will never know where we stand. Guess Check/Raising ain't the greatest plan either while it doesn't make sense to Check/Raise there because you would CBet most of the range which you raise preflop and try to protect on flop.

Best regards.