This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Help High Stakes MTT

• Rammie
      Rammie
      Bronze
      I only play a bit of micro-stakes and Titan Poker gave me an invite to freeroll Satellite to their 250k guaranteed, I managed to win it so I have a ticket to a $200+15 tournament which is way out of my league :f_o:

Do any of the guys who play these kind of MTT's a lot have any hints what kind of mistakes they see a lot from people in my situation or what is the best way for me to play, its 10k starting stack so super deep which I havnt experience of either :f_eek:

Cheers,
  • 4 replies
    • RedHeater
      RedHeater
      Bronze
      I'm not going to give specific advice because I am hardly an expert in MTTs. I have been in your position, having played in a couple of such higher stakes events. What I would say is that I was surprised how many weak players there were. Less good players still get in those events - probably via satellites, or because they are rich. I wouldn't allow yourself to be overly intimidated.

The best players are going to be better than the best players at lower stakes, but there are still going to be fish.
    • brobz
      brobz
      Bronze
      Play your most conservative game, and don't be scared nobody knows your play but you(until you start showing hands) so don't feel over intimidated, you have a great chance to make some change so just play tight and make it your goal to make it ITM, once that happens its a good profit so you can take more chances and try to make that final table

Good Luck ;)

I still have one token left for that tourney so I am going to try it again soon hopefully I can make it

I think the blinds are even 20 min, with a 10k stack you have TONS of play so don't feel pressured like a regular tourney
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      pretend it's a 5$ tourney
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I think going allin every hand should be standart in these tournaments. And if you happen to bink it, put it all on red.