$13.56
      CO:
      $25.00
      BU (Hero):
      $25.00
      SB:
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with 5, 5.
      MP3 raises to $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.85) 6, 5, J (3 players)
      MP3 bets $0.50, CO raises to $2.00, Hero raises to $6.00, MP3 folds, CO calls $4.00.

Turn: ($14.35) 2 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $18.50(All-In), CO calls $18.50(All-In).

River: ($51.35) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $51.35.

Villain unknown - just sat down
  • 2 replies
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      My initial thought was "nh, would play the same but raise flop to 7 so we can push turn a bit more comfortably".

But then I thought hey... what is actually gonna call our raise on the flop? I mean it looks like a monster for sure. Would you ever play any other hand any other way? If you had a flushdraw you'd never 3b flop, and what else could you have? 56 is unlikely.

What do you expect him to raise? pretty much same story as with you, but he could probably raise some flushdraws too however its a multiway pot and raising with a flushdraw seems wreckless. We can't assume he won't though. But once he calls your flopraise I actually want to put him on either a flushdraw or a set.

I was thinking there was no point in folding my set here, and I'm still not sure we can but with the conclusion I just wrote I don't see what we could get value from that we beat, and this is the problem :f_p:

I could be puting him on a way too tight range though...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Just wonder which worse hands would call your overbet shove on the turn
      If you think he raised a lot of times that spot with AJ or any Jx hand, then b/c turn is fine, other case I´d likely just go for pot control since flushdraw completing I don´t think he would call you down with worse hands