This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Question for SNG grinders

• hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      I have a quick question.

For cash games, for the most part, 50000 hands is considered a good sample size to assess your play.

What is a good sample size for SNG and MTT?

Is it games played? If it is, how many games would be considered a good sample?

Thanks.
  • 4 replies
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      at say you need at least 1k games to start to tell maybe 3k+ to really know but im no expert.

ExternalUseOnly said that. Pretty reliable i guess.
    • elfigus
      elfigus
      Black
      It depends from your limit and sng's structure (normal, turbo, superturbo etc)

btw from 5k to 15k should be ok :P
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      usely I hearr you need at least 1K games to see if yoo are a winning SnG player.

When I ask Chenny8888 this once he said that you need 10K on a limiet to get close to your actual winrate on that limit. This was turbo's though don't really know about the other structures
    • hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      Thanks for your time...

I'm currently trying to build a sample playing NLHE 6 and 9 STT and MTT SNG 18, 27 and 45. All turbo except the 27 man.

$1 - $3.50 BI depending on where my bankroll is.

I've read Harrington on Hold Em Vol1, and I'm in the middle of Vol2. They were excellent books and I feel a renewed enthusiasm for SNG.