This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] overpair on blind battle

• JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($40.25)
      Hero ($20.25)
      UTG ($69.95)
      UTG+1 ($19.30)
      UTG+2 ($85)
      MP1 ($92.15)
      MP2 ($20)
      CO ($57.05)
      BTN ($159)

Dealt to Hero K:club: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $1.50, fold, fold, Hero raises to $4.50, CO calls $3

FLOP ($9.25) 8:spade: T:heart: 7:spade:

Hero bets $4.50, CO raises to $52.55 (AI), Hero ?
      Villian's stats,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hello,
      Villian instant shove on the Flop. I think he is not bluffing here and this Flop hits his call 3bet range very well. I think he may call 3bet preflop with 77-TT and I think the propability that he has set on this Flop is high.
      Do you think folding here is good?
      I think I should 3bet preflop to 10bb for value but I want to balance my resteal raise size which is 9bb. Do you think balancing the raise size is required on NL50 rush?

thanks.
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      You can't bet/fold an overpair as MSS here as he shoves toppair, 2overs+FD, JJ-QQ as well for example against this player!! Stop focusing on ''omfg he has a set''-syndrome and start using equilab for equity calculations

if you think people call too many 3bets with 9bb reraise size, i would reraise to 10bb in general regardless if it is for value or as bluff

- Gerv