NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Poker Stars
      SB ($13.79)
      BB ($13.54)
      UTG ($15.90)
      Hero ($10.64)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.85) 3:spade: K:club: Q:diamond:

BB bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40

TURN ($4.65) 3:spade: K:club: Q:diamond: 4:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $2.25, BB folds

Hero shows Q:club: A:club:

Hero wins $4.43

I think his range is mostly big pocket pairs 99 - JJ and maybe some straight draw, which he ck/fo. Given this range would it be better to ck behind the turn in order to get another bet on the river from those hands.
  • 4 replies
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      If it be Ak with a flushdraw i would bet turn and even go broke. But with this hand i would check behind.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BrinkyBill,

Preflop: What's the reason for calling the 3bet here? What's your plan postflop? What kind of opponent are we against?

As played
      Postflop: There ain't many worse hands which may Call you on turn. Rather just Check it behind an be happy if you do hit something or even are ahead. :)

Best regards.
    • BrinkyBill
      BrinkyBill
      Bronze
      I call the 3B because I think he was loose and I thought that he would 3B me with even worst Aces or pocket pairs. I had I think 40/36 stats over 50 hands at that point. And adding my position I think I will usually have an +EV spot postflop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BrinkyBill
      I call the 3B because I think he was loose and I thought that he would 3B me with even worst Aces or pocket pairs. I had I think 40/36 stats over 50 hands at that point. And adding my position I think I will usually have an +EV spot postflop.
      If he has rather wider 3bet range then sure why not. But usually when against some unknown I'd even prefer folding. While we even didn't raise it from LP which he often times would consider as a steal.