TURN ($4.65) 3:heart: 8:spade: A:club: 2:heart:

CO checks, Hero bets $2.05, CO raises to $5.75 (AI), Hero calls $3.70

RIVER ($16.15) 3:heart: 8:spade: A:club: 2:heart: 9:club:

Hero shows J:spade: A:heart:
      (Pre 45%, Flop 1.6%, Turn 0.0%)

CO shows 8:heart: 8:diamond:
      (Pre 55%, Flop 98.4%, Turn 100.0%)

CO wins $15.36

I actually had his range made up of mostly pairs TT to QQ, because I think he would four bet KK, AK, probably even AQ and I didn't think he would cold call me with a pair below TT OOP. Right analysis?
  • 2 replies
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Hi, though, I am not a hand judge, i thought i can noone will hurt if I'll try. That could help to find my leaks.

Personally i don't like to 3bet hands like these preflop. I rather cold call. And if i hit and opponent starts betting i try to play wa/wb. If i dont hit i give up or try a move like c/r or floating.

But as played, flop seems to be ok: if you start aggresive, you continue your aggresion.
      I would rather just check behind to induce bluff. What weaker hands would raise there? Do you tkink he's capable of going allin on the turn with a flush draw? Could he pure bluff here? And is he really so aggresive to 4bet with AQ/AK?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BrinkyBill,

Preflop: What's the reason behind the 3bet here? Unless you have some great plan with it, I don't like the 3bet. Rather just Call with the position and play postflop.

As played
      Postflop: What hands do you expect to beat on river? And nope, I don't think that he would always 4bet with AK/AQ and therefore I don't really see many hands what we beat. And I'd just Bet/Fold it on turn or either even sometimes Check behind to get value from some smaller PPs.

Best regards.