[NL2-NL10] [2N] Line Checks

• Reaching4Zen
      First and foremost, I'd like to say a big Thank You to the PS community for this amazing free bankroll campaign (if you can call it that) - No catch, No fuss. I'm also really impressed by the quality in posting, which far excells that of even the most giant poker forum(s). Thanks.

The money came through today so I fired up 2 tables (new BR resolution to cut down from 12/8/6/4), I turned off the music and tried to actually think about the game. My sessions generally stretch to around 60 minutes before I lose my stamana. Here's a few key hands that I thought were worth noting.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2)
      BB ($2.02)
      UTG ($1.07)
      UTG+1 ($5.76)
      CO ($6.77)
      Hero ($3.81)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: Q:spade:

UTG raises to $0.06, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.06, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.15) 2:heart: K:diamond: A:spade:

UTG checks, Hero bets $0.12, UTG raises to $0.36, Hero folds

UTG wins $0.37

UTG is an unknown. His 50BB stack meant that if I call the flop then I'd be going AI at some point in the hand. I can't see him raising with worse and considering his strong line I believe I took the right action. Is this right? or am I playing too Weak Tight with TPGK?

Hero ($2)
      BB ($3.54)
      UTG ($2.16)
      UTG+1 ($2)
      CO ($5)
      BTN ($6.74)

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.02, Hero

I wasn't really sure what to do here. My hand is too strong to fold, but if I was to squeeze then I'd be playing OOP with a medium Ace. I'll miss the flop most of the times. In this situation I often spew money by C-beting too large or double barrelling.

raises to $0.10, fold, fold, fold

Hero shows T:diamond: A:spade:

Hero wins $0.08

and lastly

SB ($2.04)
      BB ($5)
      UTG ($6.49)
      Hero ($2.15)
      CO ($3.26)
      BTN ($2)

Dealt to Hero A:club: J:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.06, fold, BTN calls $0.06, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.15) Q:diamond: A:spade: 2:diamond:

Hero bets $0.12, BTN raises to $0.51, Hero

Villain is unknown. Was pretty surpised by this bet sizing. Is this just a villain that wants the hand over & done with ASAP, thus showing weakness? Maybe under pairs like TT - KK? I don't see him doing with anything else except from a weak A with FD.

I've been told to beat the Micros we should be B/F a large percentage of the time. However I have a strong A so I find it hard to let go of. If I do call this 3B we'll be playing for stacks by the River.

Any and all thoughts will be much appreciated. Many thanks

- R4Z
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Reaching4Zen,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

One thing about the hands, please don't post everything into one thread. Separate them so it's much easier for us to read them and concentrate on one hand and likely write a better evaluation. Thanks!

Hand #1
      It's likely a trap and not much you can do than Bet/Fold it.

Hand #2
      Rather squeeze and try to get HU rather than being in multiway pot.

Hand #3
      Yep, that's basically as well rather a Bet/Fold unless we really know the opponent better.

And by the way you can still raise 4xBB on those limits with any hand.

Best regards.