Lcd Tv Or Monitor??

• janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      hi,i have some question,perhapse sombody can help:) i was thinking to get some second screen,so i am making decision beetwen lcd monitor or lcd tv...so to use that tv as second screen...is this the same..to use lcd TV as second screen,can it be same or better on lcd monitor...and take into account that biggest monitor is 27 inch and lcd TV can be easily 37 inch or even more...and what model you recommend...thanks for opinions in advance...:)
  • 5 replies
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      its not about the size its the resolution. monitor > TV
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      +1, i play on 37in TV through hdmi but it kinda sucks - soon as i got the moniez to buy 30in monitor im buying one.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by amplifyd
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      +1, i play on 37in TV through hdmi but it kinda sucks - soon as i got the moniez to buy 30in monitor im buying one.
      It depends how big would you need your TV to be. If 24-27" is OK there are plenty of LCD monitors with TV Tuners that work great as TV too. I have this one because I don't need a bigger TV yet:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001424
    • dydukas
      dydukas
      Platinum
      At least 27' monitor with better than 1920x1080 resolution ftw!
    • janushr
      janushr
      Bronze
      thanks for answers:) i think lessthen3 figure it out the best,what intrest me,is how to get best quality picture and use it on multiple screens...lessthen3,wha kind of monitor you use,you are after all,a way ahead of us others:) for now,i am thinking to get some 2560-1440 monitor,to get best resolution,so i can put more tables and see them better...only problem is that 27 inch w that resolution is around 800,1000 euro in croatia:( for that price is possible to buy two lcd TV from 37 inch or even more...so there is the issue:) thanks again for ur opinions...