KK overpair on paired flop

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $20.43
      Hero:
      $26.15

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , K:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, BU folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.25) 6:heart: , Q:club: , Q:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB raises to $6.00, Hero ?

Your table image is tight, but since it is 6 max game and you opened from CO SB could make a move against you. How would you play forward?

Both Hero and SB stacks are 100 BB or 25$
  • 7 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      If SB is the kind of player who'll make moves like this with underpair / anything, I call. If he checks the turn, I push (or bet, depends on potsize), if he pushes it's an easy fold I think.
      If not, then just fold, since his only possible holding is a Q.
    • carebax
      carebax
      Bronze
      After this flop and his flop c/r I play for stacks, can't ever see him have a fh or a Q unless he is on a serious metalevel or a very good player putting you exactly on the hand u have at the moment. I can't ever find a fold against a donkish player here (especially because they will smoothcall this flop 100%). Also, the flop is dry as fuck.

This is like 98% of the time a pocket pair, A high or maybe 6x who are trying to steal the pot or protect their hand against overcards imo.

Flatcall flop, play for stacks on turn/river (unless a 2nd 6 or A comes maybe I slow down).
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by carebax
      After this flop and his flop c/r I play for stacks, can't ever see him have a fh or a Q unless he is on a serious metalevel or a very good player putting you exactly on the hand u have at the moment.
      "Serious metalevel"? You hit top trips on a very dry board against someone who c-bets every flop...hmm what do you do? Bet to let him fold overcards cheaply, or let him give you a little extra with a c-bet?
    • carebax
      carebax
      Bronze
      What I ment is that most people will not c/r flop with a Q or a fh, but will c/r turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      The villain could c/r with Q, but he wouldn´t c/r so big, so I called. hand followed:
      Turn: ($14.25) 2 (2 players) (Comment)
      SB bets $4.50, Hero raises to $19.15 (All-In), SB raises to $13.43 (All-In).

River: ($46.83) K (Comment)

Final Pot: $46.83

Results follow (highlight to see):
      SB shows [ 2h, 2d ] a full house, Twos full of Queens
      Hero shows [ Kd, Ks ] a full house, Kings full of Queens
      Hero wins $5.72 USD with a full house, Kings full of Queens.
      Hero wins $39.06 USD with a full house, Kings full of Queens.

My mistake was re-raising turn. if he had pp then why not call and bet out river if he decides to check, if he decides to push, seems easy call to me. Saved by the river:)
    • Pride11
      Pride11
      Bronze
      ur so lucky its disgusting, but i think its even more disgusting how ur opponent played anyways, nice job.. hopefully u wont get donks like that in the future.. decues... lmfao
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      yep. sooo lucky the opponent hit his 2 outer on the turn (with a total donkish play) :) .