Strategypoints

• sladeee
      sladeee
      Bronze
      Hello,

I play at fulltilt poker with your 50$ , but i can not get strategy points.
      Is it posible to move these money to other poker room? Or do anything what would help me to get SP.

Thank you for your answers. :)
  • 9 replies
    • YuvalW
      YuvalW
      Bronze
      If I understood correctly the status of your SP updates only once a month. you do get them, but you don't see it yet.
    • sladeee
      sladeee
      Bronze
      Oh :\ I earned some money yesterday, but I didn't receive any sp, so I was woried :) Ok thanks
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi sladeee,

Please note that your StrategyPoints are updated 2-3 times a week depending on how frequent we have update from the poker room. If you have questions about your status please drop a ticket to our customer support and they will be glad to help you out. :)

Ingrid

@YuvalW, thank you for helping out here :)
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      I'll borow this topic for a strategy points question:

How come FullTilt has the lowest rake - status point value of all poker rooms?

1$ rake - 2 status points

Meaning a player that plays every day of the month for at least 1point gets 300SP as bonus, so he/she must still make additional 170points for golden status.

200points = 100$ in rake

so all in all a player must make at least 200 points = 100$ rake to reach golden status. Doing that by playing on NL5 or NL10 is unbeliveable hard, even on rush.

I can understand that PS doesn't want for players to reach 15pts too soon to release the 10$+15$ upon reaching 100pts from TAF program or perhaps want to ecourage players to choose a poker room with a better affiliate program for PS, however it's an unfair advantage for players on other rooms, who can reach gold status considerably easier than on FT.

For example only players on PlayersOnly pokerrooom have the same ratio as FT (1:2), and on the extreme side the William hill has 1:5 ratio.

Perhaps there should be a limit for rake generated, and after that level is reached you automaticaly get different amount of SP per 1$ rake generated, which would be standard on all pokerrooms, for the sake of the argument lets say 3 or 4 points.

On a 1:4 program player would get to gold status by generating 200/4=50$ in rake. Way way easier...and on the other hand more profitable even for PS, since by unlocking the golden material players might advance faster and beat lover limits sooner, thus generating bigger rake sooner. :D

Just an idea...

thanks for reading

bbosstjan
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      2 bbosstjan:

and why exactly do you need to be GOLD at ps.com ? The articles and videos are for a higher limit than you play anyways ... Once you beat the limit and move up, you will generate more rake and get the gold status.
      I'm currently gold playing on FTP (playing just a little 6 + 0.25 dollar HU Sng, sometimes 4,40 rush) and dont need the gold articles and videos. Because they are meant for 33 heads up and 26 dollar Rush and I still have a long way to go there. At least to 26 Rush, I guess I could play 33 HU with my bankroll... still dont wanna :D

why is it for each room different? I guess every room has a little different partnership with pokerstrategy, some offer different bonuses and thats why the points differ as well... And I really doubt that you need to read gold articles for NL10, gold are usually for NL100+ :) once you move to NL25, you will get enough points to get gold
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Hey bbosstijan,

first, thanks for your question.

Originally posted by bbosstjan
      I'll borow this topic for a strategy points question:

How come FullTilt has the lowest rake - status point value of all poker rooms?

1$ rake - 2 status points
      The differences in "points per rake" over different rooms depend on how much we earn on a dollar of rake in average - as in the end of the day, all our content & services & operations of our portal are financed by this revenue.

If you have a look at the affiliate program of Full Tilt, if you want to give rakeback to players (what we of course want to do!), you will earn 30% on the rake. Deduct the 27% for rakeback and you see not much is left :)

Meaning a player that plays every day of the month for at least 1point gets 300SP as bonus, so he/she must still make additional 170points for golden status.

200points = 100$ in rake

so all in all a player must make at least 200 points = 100$ rake to reach golden status. Doing that by playing on NL5 or NL10 is unbeliveable hard, even on rush.
      True - reaching Gold on NL5 or NL10 is not easy.

Even though Gold can help, our Gold status is optimised for NL50-NL100. All videos e.g. for NL10/20 are released for Bronze/Silver.

I can understand that PS doesn't want for players to reach 15pts too soon to release the 10$+15$ upon reaching 100pts from TAF program or perhaps want to ecourage players to choose a poker room with a better affiliate program for PS, however it's an unfair advantage for players on other rooms, who can reach gold status considerably easier than on FT.
      It's not really depending on our Tell-A-Friend program.
      As you can assume, on the 15 StrategyPoints limit, we and the poker room are still running negative: $50 bankroll plus $10 for referring the member vs 15 StrategyPoints - not that great for us on any room ;)

So yes: Full Tilt players have a "disadvantage". But:
      - they get rakeback
      - it's the 2nd largest poker room world wide
      - they have a great software

And in the end, I think it's fair that we give players points also depending on how much they contribute to financing our platform.

For example only players on PlayersOnly pokerrooom have the same ratio as FT (1:2), and on the extreme side the William hill has 1:5 ratio.

Perhaps there should be a limit for rake generated, and after that level is reached you automaticaly get different amount of SP per 1$ rake generated, which would be standard on all pokerrooms, for the sake of the argument lets say 3 or 4 points.
      For that reason, we introduced the "10 points extra a day" - for low limit players on their way to Silver/Gold, this compensates the differences a lot.

Hope you understand why we think we need to have the model as it is - and still appreciate that now it's easier to reach Gold (500 instead of 800 as it had been for years).

Best,
      Lutz
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      thanks for the answers...

=)
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Hurray for 10point day bonuses :) Gives me access to silver content, which at NL2 I'd otherwise not reach.
    • bbosstjan
      bbosstjan
      Bronze
      I'm still going for the gold...It's gonna be a close call...If nothing else at least for motivational reasons and to try reaching it by playing the NL5 and NL10 tables....

:f_biggrin: