Neteller on Ebay? $ to paypal?

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Howdy ho,

So, I've created a Neteller account in U$ to transfer money to and from poker rooms. Works like a charm (except that peer-to-peer transfer fees are absurdly expensive).

Now... today I wanted to buy an item on ebay. I thought I could use the Neteller virtual card BUT (always a but) the merchant only accepts paypal.

Thus I thought about "adding" the virtual card on my paypal account, so I can buy via paypal and get charged on neteller's card. Does that work? Because of course paypal asks for billing address, and I don't have one in Neteller (or do I?) because it's, well, virtual.

Another hassle is the fact that netellers virtual card number is one-time use. So that makes me wonder if it would really work (and be worth it) to add it to paypal.

Would there be fees associated with this (double) transaction? It appeared to me that there would not.

Anyone done it before or has experience on those things?

Greatly appreciated :)
  • 7 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey Luiz,

I'm checking this for you.

Ingrid
    • METALzx
      METALzx
      Bronze
      I'm using Moneybookers mastercard on my paypal acc. and it works fine. I think this should work with a real card, don't know about virtual ones.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by METALzx
      I'm using Moneybookers mastercard on my paypal acc. and it works fine. I think this should work with a real card, don't know about virtual ones.
      Thanks, mate! Yeah, should work fine with the real card. I don't have the real Neteller card though, only the virtual one. Maybe it is easier to just order the plastic card, but I'm not sure if I'm staying with neteller or switching to moneybookers (fees are cheaper) so I don't want to commit all that much...

Originally posted by IngridN
      Hey Luiz,

I'm checking this for you.
      Thank you :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Update :)

A member can use the Net+ Virtual card on their PayPal account and NETELLER will not share the individuals information (billing address etc.) however PayPal may require that a billing address be entered by the customer. NETELLER Virtual card number is a one-time use number and in my own experience using my virtual card, there are some sites that will have a limit to the number of CC’s you can use on your account, so I would suggest that the customer ask PayPal if this is the case with one of their accounts.

The only fees associated with the Net+ virtual card are the FX fees if the purchase made is in a currency other than the card. This fee is 2.95% for regular members and 1.95% for NETELLER VIP’s.

anything else I can help you with Luiz?
      Ingrid
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze

Ingrid
      Nope, 100% as always :f_thumbsup:

Pokerstrategy is a better place with you around. Honestly :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luizsilveira

Ingrid
      Nope, 100% as always :f_thumbsup:

Pokerstrategy is a better place with you around. Honestly :)
      I am so happy to be able to help out!

You guys are happy, I am happy! =)

Thank you Luiz! :club:
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      So, as I told you they do not accept my proof of address.

My situation is a bit particular: what I do have as proof is a letter from the University, as I live in university accommodations.

I do not have any bills, as everything is included in the dorm's rent. Thus I don't pay electricity, telephone, internet, gas, you name it, as the university provides it all.

And I do not have a bank account in the UK. I only have bank accounts in Brazil.

If you do remember I had the same problem with Full Tilt a while ago; they took about a month thinking and eventually accepted the letter.

Too bad as I didn't want to wait a month before making my ebay purchase :f_frown: