hello!

• ExpertsLV
      ExpertsLV
      Bronze
      Hi! My name is Elvis and i am from Latvia, i am playing poker for a while... in my career i lost my bankroll three or even more times (once it was 47$) and i lost them in one day because, i wasn't playing in limits which i should play, and i never stop play even if i am losing because of my poor play.

I need to learn a lot!Which articles should i read first psychology?

In start i just registered here to get 50$ for free, but now i realize if would get them, i would lose them all in no time, as experience come, i realize poker is just not about winning. It's about learning and analyzing your play.And winning is just nice side of it.

Best regards!
  • 5 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey Elvis,

welcome to the community! :D you've realized some really important things there. i think every poker player should strive to improve both mindset and technique. (so we should be reading both the psychology stuff and the strategy stuff).

in my experience, the learning was what really helped my first $50 grow. i have no doubt i would've lost it already if i didn't bother to work hard on my game, and pratice good bankroll management.

what game are you going to start playing?

cheers,
      Wendy
    • ExpertsLV
      ExpertsLV
      Bronze
      NL Hold'em full ring cash game(shallow stacks)

I just need 10$ to play as bankroll management rules 25 buy-in's (buy-in 0,40$)
      What limit i should set for a day, like if my bankroll is 25$ if i lose 3$ i quit for a day?

Whoops double post, net lag sorry :P
      Best regards!
    • ExpertsLV
      ExpertsLV
      Bronze
      NL Hold'em full ring cash game(shallow stacks)

I just need 10$ to play as bankroll management rules 25 buy-in's (buy-in 0,40$)
      What limit i should set for a day, like if my bankroll is 25$ if i lose 3$ i quit for a day?

Best regards!
    • Pascal
      Pascal
      Bronze
      Hi Elvis,

concerning your approach ans mindset you should definitely check out this thread
      +++Q&A with Jared Tendler!!+++

Jared wrote the book "The Mental Game of Poker" and is answering questions at the moment in our forums

I think a stop loss limit is good to start ans $2 or $3 sounds fine
      but in the end you should come to a mind status where you don't need such limits anymore because you don't tilt

and what of course always helps is using our great content
      for example our handevaluation boards linkt in my sig

Cheers,

Pascal
    • ExpertsLV
      ExpertsLV
      Bronze
      I have already read twice book ''Easy Game'' by Andrew Seidman and completely understand it (part I) which is for small stakes players, and i think as a TAG player i am good enough for at least NL1 stakes.

So i should read book that you recommend me Pascal! :)

Best regars!