This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] alt monster freeplay

• Elroch
      Elroch
      Bronze
      This is a rare example of me feeling I should stray from MSS rules. The button is unlikely to have more than 2 outs on the flop, so playing rope-a-dope seems right to me. He is quite likely to have a pair due to the preflop action, but should be less inclined to put in more money if raised on the flop. On the turn, I know the button has no outs, so it's about maximising the pot size. If the button has a small to medium pair (or less), a raise here might be counterproductive. On the river, I feel a bet is likely to be called rather than raised, but check-raises often get called by players who have led all the way (I must stop making that mistake myself). Interesting how I got a more tilty response than the call I was hoping for. I suppose he assumed I had a jack and felt he could bluff me off it. Not a difficult final call. :)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $5.78
      BU:
      $5.47
      SB:
      $1.45
      BB (Hero):
      $1.72
      UTG1:
      $6.89
      UTG2:
      $4.47
      MP1:
      $4.00
      MP2:
      $2.98
      MP3:
      $4.82

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, 3.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.04, 4 folds, BU calls $0.04, SB calls $0.02, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.16) 3, 3, 2 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG2 checks, BU bets $0.04, SB folds, Hero calls $0.04, UTG2 folds.

Turn: ($0.24) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24.

River: ($0.72) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.15, Hero raises to $0.80, BU raises to $1.45, Hero calls $0.60.

Final Pot: $3.57.
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

I would just bet the Flop like 9 cents to get some money in there, now you are relying on 2 players to bet out for you as bluffs while they can raise you with PPs or unpaired hands. ( I think unpaired hands are more likely to call your bet than betting themselves )

On the Turn you can start check/minraising as he is never folding a full house so you can shove the River

Best regards,
      Gerv