poker tournament

• seanygeorge1977
      seanygeorge1977
      Bronze
      high i won three satalites to get to a 35k tournament. but there was only like 20 in the first 15 in second and 6 on the final table.. i could really do with winning this first prize but do not feel i,m good enough so anygood tips from people who entered tournaments and won would be gratefull.. allso on alot of the sites i seem to drop three of a kind then some one will raise so i go with them they have nothing but they always seem to drop the last 2 cards and i don,t just meen once or twice i meen this has happened alot to me that many times i,m getting suspicious of online poker as when i play face to face at tables these things never seem to happen..its happened on cash tables for good money this one time i,ve got three of a kind think it was tens theres nothing above it on the table so i raise the bloke takes me all in i know i,ve got him covered cos theres nothing on the table that can beat me so i go in with him he,s got an a q so he has raised 50 pound on a high then 2 queens drop so fair enough if that happened once but it happens the same way evertime. is there something rigged have they got there own players at tables that know what is coming or have the got a server playing for them as to me once twice three times is unlucky but when it happens the same way everytime and i,m talking a good lot of times here there must be something dodgey.. especially when your playing how your told to play and sticking to the rules. this is why i,m asking for advice on this tournament as its 35k and only about 6k has gone in on buy ins. so there giving away 30k of there own money.. nobody does that and its only minimum of ten players so they would be giving away 34k then.. so is it a big fix and i will stand no chance because it is the company i,m playing against so they don,t have to give money away for nothing
  • 5 replies
    • seanygeorge1977
      seanygeorge1977
      Bronze
      no advice then anyone. i,ll just soldier it out and try and do the best i can and get some practice in.. trial and error
    • seanygeorge1977
      seanygeorge1977
      Bronze
      helpfull forum this
    • seanygeorge1977
      seanygeorge1977
      Bronze
      what a waiste of time this site is the one time i,ve posted something not a single soul has helped me out.. well nice one all won,t be using it again you all just out for something for nothing or after sympathy awww i got a misses and kids and i can not play enough. shut up you winging fool.. if ya misses don,t let you do what you want then jogg the controlling cow on.. well thanks everyone for your tips on how to win this tournament.. somepeople need the money and need a bit of help to get it but you fools on here only looking out for yourselfs selfish pricks.. this site has really anoyed me now fools
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Seanygeorge1977,

Firstly huge apologies in the time its taken for you to receive a reply. We really do endeavor to reply as promptly as possible but for whatever reason all mods have been busy/away today. Once again offer my most sincere apologies on behalf of all the forum moderators and we will never let this happen again.

Although there is only 6k in the prizepool so far alot of money will probably pump in closer to the end of the registration period, I know alot of sites have recently had 180 minutes late registration too so expect alot of "punters" to late reg. This is obviously good for us as they will be mainly recreational players who fancy a "punt" and a go at a decent prizepool. So even if it does get closer to the expected guarantee then there is a good chance that it will be a relatively small field.

After Black Friday many rooms have had some big overlays I know on ipoker this week they have had 2 $13k WSOP packages for a $1 buy in that has saw over $20k in overlays. Pretty sick huh?

In regards to you getting constantly unlucky I feel your pain mate. I had a similar run not so long ago and really felt like whatever happened I couldn't win a pot. Eventually my "luck" turned around and I was back to the winning ways, from your obvious dedication to poker and willingness to learn I am sure that you will be a profitable player.

We really do need more players like you on the forum to get discussions going and you will soon find out I'm abit of a poker nerd so sorry if I start trolling your threads :D

Let us know how the tournament goes/went and if you get deep why not start a "rail" thread and we can rail you to victory.

Also I can tell from your writing you are definitely English. Where abouts do you come from? I'm from Newcastle (no jokes about our painful painful team please :D )

Apologies again,

Patrick
    • seanygeorge1977
      seanygeorge1977
      Bronze
      whi i man.. nice one what is a rail thread.. i,m new to all this.. i,m from a place called burton on trent but live in derby at the min.. yeah i,m willing to learn i love to play tournaments but can not get the hang of them i seem to get just before the money then everything goes against me.. even when i play tight and just my good hands. i looked at things on here and it goes on about freerolls.. i play like it says on here but then still get smashed. as for cash tables i don,t like them i can kill it for and hour solid and pull in a bit of dolla then theres always that one hand where you think your good and someone goes all in with nothing and come.s of lucky and takes everything you worked hard for an hour for in a matter of seconds. how can i perfect my tournament play