Hero (UTG): $10.63
      CO: $34.11
      BTN: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 9:heart: T:heart:

Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.95, 2 players) 4:heart: 4:spade: 8:heart:
      Hero bets $0.60, CO calls $0.60

I cbet the flop with the FD. Size: the only draw is the FD, otherwise it's disconnected. So he will not let go overpairs or even medium pairs anyway, and will have trouble with overcards anyway. Thus I went with the almost 2/3, I think 1/2 would be a bit to weak but could work as well.

Turn: ($2.15, 2 players) 7:club:
      Hero bets $1.00, CO calls $1.00

I was planning to check turn but now I've got combo, open ended + FD. If he didn't let go the flop he's not letting go now, so I'm betting for value+blockbet as I don't want to get a 3/4pot bet or more from him.

River: ($4.15, 2 players) J:club:

Okey, got there. So: bet/broke, bet/fold, check/call? (check/fold is out of question of course, since my whole play was based on getting the draw).
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello luizsilveira,

I am only gonna discuss about the river because flop & turn are totally fine. And I'd Bet/Fold the river because I don't really think he is going to raise with a lot worse anyways.

Don't like the Check/Fold or Check/Call either for the reason that he will just Check behind with worse hands. Although he may still Call you with them if you do bet. And what worse hand will raise you anyways there?

Best regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello luizsilveira,

I am only gonna discuss about the river because flop & turn are totally fine. And I'd Bet/Fold the river because I don't really think he is going to raise with a lot worse anyways.

Don't like the Check/Fold or Check/Call either for the reason that he will just Check behind with worse hands. Although he may still Call you with them if you do bet. And what worse hand will raise you anyways there?

Best regards.
      Cheers, Veriz.

At the heat of the moment I went for the check/call, as I thought he could bluff missed flush draws.

He bet potsize, which is a bit too much for a bluff, but I couldn't fold anyway, and he showed JJ for the nuts :f_cry:

That pretty much sums up my 6BI down day...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      Hello luizsilveira,

Best regards.
      Cheers, Veriz.

At the heat of the moment I went for the check/call, as I thought he could bluff missed flush draws.

He bet potsize, which is a bit too much for a bluff, but I couldn't fold anyway, and he showed JJ for the nuts :f_cry:

That pretty much sums up my 6BI down day...
      Do you have a stop-loss?
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze

Do you have a stop-loss?
      Not a fixed one, no. Maybe something I should put more clearly.

If I'm playing/feeling good there is no reason to stop, I think. Those losses were all like this one hand I showed (by bet/folding I could lose some BB less but that's it), set over set, once I went all in on the turn and villain got his T high flush on river, etc.

So, while I'm not doing anything stupid I keep going.

Conversely, if I feel like 3betting a fish with J2o just because he sucks I quit at the spot.

Sometimes I lose 1 or 2BI and quit. But this last days I was on a super-heater (that's why I'm comfy playing NL10 again), some 15+ BI up, so losing 6 while not spewing but rather having coolers and beats didn't tilt me at all - on the contrary, I felt it rather "normal" after the series of higher full houses over full houses and the like that made me $ the past days.

But thanks for the tip, I'll think it over once again and keep an eye on it while I monitor how ups and downs affect me.

On a last note, how much would you bet/fold that river?
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      I had the heater but my KK still play the same.

Villain is a complete maniac with 70% 3bet.

PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BB: $14.15
      UTG: $13.39
      MP: $5.00
      CO: $9.85
      BTN: $3.75
      Hero (SB): $17.01

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:spade: K:diamond:

UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, CO raises to $0.60, fold, Hero raises to $1.80, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to $6.10, Hero raises to $17.01 and is all-in, CO calls $3.75 and is all-in

Flop: ($20.00, 2 players) 3:spade: 7:diamond: 6:spade:

Turn: ($20.00, 2 players) A:diamond:

River: ($20.00, 2 players) 8:spade:

CO shows J:spade: Q:spade: (Flush, Queen High) (PreFlop 17%, Flop 31%, Turn 18%)
      Hero shows K:spade: K:diamond: (One Pair, Kings) (PreFlop 83%, Flop 69%, Turn 82%)
      Hero wins $0.00
      CO wins $19.00

See, Veriz... I told you KK is an easy fold pre :f_biggrin:

1st buy-in hit for the day, and after this one I had to quit and sigh.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      About the Bet/Fold. He will anyways have pretty hard time Calling with a lot worse pairs and therefore I might do it like $2,50.

LoL about the KK hand. :D Always those maniacs get lucky... had a session just few mins back as well, lost like 2-3 BIs like this. :D Although I did play HU. Buy luckily I managed to get everything back and even +2BI from another guy.