PokerEV Question

• TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Hi there guys,
      Following my recent downswing after I started playing SH FL .5/1$ I heard about PokerEV and wanted to check it out cause I thought maybe it'd show me if it was me being bad or just bad luck. Can someone interpret my graph?

This is over about 3000 hands on .50/1$, 98% of them SH.
  • 8 replies
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      your down $20
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Lol, is it really that worthless? So what is the red line and blue line anyway?
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I gathered,
      The blue line is showdown winnings. Surprisingly, it's what you've won in showdowns.
      The red line is what you're supposed to have won in showdowns. So you basically started winning a lot of coinflips (or worse) near 1.8k hands, but overall your luck is pretty normal.
      The green line is your actual winnings, so that's counting the pots you've won or lost _without_ a showdown. So basically (I think) you're losing way too many small pots.
      But since I'm no good at explaining, I found this in a blog post:

The green line shows your hands that did not go to showdown compared to your actual winnings. How to interpret it depends on your play style and other factors. Like if you are playing with a bunch of donks and play quite tight fit-or-fold poker your green line will be below the blue line on average. This also applies to calling IP with good draws and folding if you miss. If you bluff in bad spots too often your green line will also be much lower.
      If it's above the blue line it can also mean different things. It can either mean you play your draws aggressive, pick good spots to bluff, but can also mean you fail at getting your good hands to showdown enough.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I understand what it all means, but in the near future I'll make an articles series about how to use PokerEV to discover leaks ...
      Perhaps then I can answer my own big question : why am I the only player I've seen so far not losing money without showdowns ...

I'll start next week with some introductions on how to use to PokerEV for leaks discovery and then you might figure out where you're money is going down the drains and what areas to work in. The programm won't find solutions, but it will direct to perfectly towards the area where you need work.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      @Sonic: Actually on the last 10k hands my 3 lines are very close, except in the last few K's where the green went down a little... Otherwise for a better way of seeing how much you win/lose without showdowns, Pokertracker 3 can graph that.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      For the moment, we all have either no PT or still have PT2. Very few of us got PT3 as of yet.

So to benefit the entire forum, I'll use the still free PokerEV to explain those variables and what they mean exactly. There's really a lot to be found in that program quite easily (I don't doubt it would be as easy in PT3, but ok)
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Yep I agree with using PokerEV, but if you want an unstable, unreliable, obviously unfinished software, PT3 is in beta, and free to download (until the final version comes out, that is)
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      So I read yea, but I'm not a big fan of beta versions :D
      I don't want to play unstable, unreliable, obviously unfinished poker either