This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Totally spun out.

• LucidDementia
      LucidDementia
      Bronze
      I've been grinding 6 max SnG non turbos, and just moved up a level. I'm confused.

I am used to quite few loose canons playing 80% of hands, raising hardly any etc. I was looking forward to having slightly fewer when I moved up....but....there are considerably more. :/

Previously most of my tables would have one, maybe two. Now it's 4 on each table. I have a feeling it's gonna get swingy.

I'm not complaining, I'll adjust and make money out of them but does this seem normal? Surely as one moves up a level things should get a little more, oh I don't know, more refined? lol
  • 3 replies
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      I've been told that that isn't the case with a single limit move. Once you move up two or three limits, you do notice a difference, and you definitely notice a difference at high midstakes where the opponent quality disparity is huge--everyone's either a shark or a wealthy fish, with very few breakeven regulars.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      what limit did you/do you play now.

If you have moved up from say $2 to $5 i think you will find a few better players but at the same time if im a huge fish there for just a gamble im not there to gamble $2 unless its my last $2 i think $5 and $10 you will find a nice amount of players who are just there for a gamble im not saying that those levels are just infested with fish though far from it
    • LucidDementia
      LucidDementia
      Bronze
      Just from $1 to $2. I wasn't expecting a big change, but I wasn't expecting this either! It's crazy the $1 were far more sensible. As the title suggests I am more than a little surprised by it.