Ronuble's mtt blog -insert cool tittle here-

• ronuble
      ronuble
      Bronze
      Hey guys :D just starting my mtt blog to set some goals and talk about my awesome upswings + downswings +leaks +big cashes + all that crazy stuff we like to brag/cry/ask/brag_again/cry_again about.

Im a 20yo (girl/teenager?/woman? ...not sure yet, lol!) from uruguay.I live with my BF and our beautiful 2yo yellow labradooodle :) -he's the cuttest labrador ever , i promise-.
      I've been playing poker for 2 months and now im playing 0,10 turbo mtt (360man) in stars to build my BR for the cool $1,35 KO 90 man mtt or something like that. I love playing PLO and i think PLO helped me with my NLHE game a lot, but i dont play it in a regular basis (altought im planning to add a few 0,10 PLO mtt to my schedule next week) .

This is my graph for the 360man 0,10 mtt:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
      Its a very small sample, but i'll try to work on the volume in the next few days.. i've been playing 3 tables at the same time , sometimes a few more.I want to learn so i think 4 tables is optimal , as i dont get bored or too distracted by the beeeps of the tables when im taking a hard decision or trying to figure out the rival's range to steal, re-steal, call and all that useful stuff...
      Ive been playing this mtts for a few days and i think the results are cool for a newbie like me .
      ohh and this are my pokertracker stats, so if someone wants to help me with them i will appreciate it. I play kinda loose in the bubble to steal as much as possible and in the first stages i try to see cheap flops with pairs in position for set mining. I love playing suited connectors too, if the flop is cheap and i have position i think that's a great way to build a big stack with little risk.

Well, thanks for reading :) and i hope u can find some huge leaks in my stats so i can improve it. I know not being able to re-steal is one of them, and i fold a lot to re-steals too.. but i think its not worth the risk most of the times so i get all shy and fold
      Thanks again,
      Ronuble
  • 47 replies
    • ronuble
      ronuble
      Bronze
      GOALS

-crush the $0,10 mtt's + play 1000 MTTs by the end of the month.
      -reach $100 BR to start playing some KO/scheduled MTT on a daily basis

NOTES : today i made 4 FT ! YAY

BR today before the session:$10,3 (not sure but something like that)

my first #1 place in 360 man mtt ! :D yay
      $6,8=>68 BI!

BR NOW: $19,11
    • ronuble
      ronuble
      Bronze
      funny hand :p - i had a lot of luck , soo sick!-
      I think is pretty std steal from me.. 40 players left, 36 get ITM. I was really short after losing half my stack in a horrible hand , so i tought this was a great spot to steal . I was convinced he was going to insta fold as usual , but he had AKs soo...
      PokerStars - $0.09+$0.01|700/1400 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BTN): 5,462.00
      SB: 8,060.00
      BB: 3,109.00
      UTG: 9,932.00
      UTG+1: 33,162.00
      MP: 2,149.00
      CO: 28,030.00

Hero posts ante 140.00, SB posts ante 140.00, BB posts ante 140.00, UTG posts ante 140.00, UTG+1 posts ante 140.00, MP posts ante 140.00, CO posts ante 140.00, SB posts SB 700.00, BB posts BB 1,400.00

Pre Flop: (3080.00) Hero has 8:spade: 6:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 5,322.00 and is all-in, fold, BB calls 1,569.00 and is all-in

Flop: (7618.00, 2 players) 3:club: 8:heart: 9:club:

Turn: (7618.00, 2 players) 7:spade:

River: (7618.00, 2 players) 3:diamond:

BB shows A:heart: K:heart: (One Pair, Threes) (PreFlop 65%, Flop 25%, Turn 14%)
      Hero shows 8:spade: 6:club: (Two Pair, Eights and Threes) (PreFlop 35%, Flop 75%, Turn 86%)
      Hero wins 7,618.00

what do u think ? is my push OK? i pretty much push with anytwo in this situation . (well, i learned how to do it right with so little chips just two days ago.. so it might be wrong but its working so i keep doing it to get a nice stack and reach final tables more often even when i get to the bubble shortstacked)
    • ronuble
      ronuble
      Bronze
      OK so, i know 4 posts iin 1 day is too much, but im such a luckbox today that i have to post again :p

I was struggling in the bubble, first time today that i had to fold my way to the money coz i was card dead for almost the whole tournament, so i was like "im happy if i get 1 extra BI but i dont expect to win".. ok so i was ITM (after folding AK with 1BB and 1 player left to get ITM.)

Long story short, i made my way to the #6 place with pure, awesome luck. After that, i was with AT and went all in coz of the blind pressure ... AJ and A5 called and i lost in #6 but TBH i was really happy to be there so no big deal :) hehe. 11+ BI for my BR and now im in
      $20,13 BR!
      doubled up my BR in a few hours.. soooo epic!
    • ronuble
      ronuble
      Bronze
      my little BR is suffering coz of cash game study ,huge variance and ofc some crazy shots in 180man mtt :P
      in the morning i had a terrible session and i was like 30+BI down -wasn't even getting ITM !-in the $0,10 turbo mtt, but i continued playing until i made it to the final table just a few minutes ago , getting 48 BI for my hard work :)

I started trying the $2,5 180m turbo MTT , IMO the competition is really soft (not as much as the $0,10turbo, that's kinda obvious :P ) but for some reason the best hand i had in my 2 attempts of playing them was TT ! .. i cant say i had bad beats in those coz i just didnt play a hand until i was with 5 BB ... "99 " and "TT" were the only hands i played... it was super SAD (and stealing the blinds was really hard, people calls with anytwo . I was a bit scared in the first one but the second attempt was my normal play ... im sure i will crush that MTT in the near future , so its not a big deal.

OFC, i'll be trying that MTTs 1 or 2 times everyday, since i have a nice BR for the 0,10 turbo (right now i only have 140BI, but im sure i will get my BR back to 200BI tonight/tomorrow if Mss. variance stop screwing with me)
    • ronuble
      ronuble
      Bronze
      So, this is my graph for the $0,10 turbo mtt in 206 games

I think is cool , tbh i tought i was loosing more than 20BI in a row but its not so bad as i tought it was.-yesterday everything was so gray,lol-

• ronuble
      ronuble
      Bronze
      i had the first coaching with veriz and the study group today :) it was really nice, and im sure i will be good enough to beat nl2 cash games some day after this coachings and all the awesome help from the group:P
      I posted a hand and 3 ppl already answered, im such a noob and i posted a hand where i made some really retarded mistakes but i guess its normal , since i look retarded when im sitting in a cash table :P lol , im sure ppl says "here comes the fish again" and get all excited bout getting my money -.- lol
    • ronuble
      ronuble
      Bronze
      Im kinda down coz im doing really bad in poker today. Also, some client showed uup in my house when i was waking up ... i really hate when they do that. Lucky for me, my BF is awesome and he talked with the guy so i didnt have to run to the door like crazy while trying to look decent.
      He's so nice (L)
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      If it's any consolation, dropping 30 BI and then winning it all back with a strong FT placing isn't all that rare in the world of MTT's. The variance is huge on them.

Good luck! I don't think I've ever seen anyone with the patience to grind the 10c tournaments before! Patience is definitely a virtue in Poker, but a lot of people don't have it.

Epic graph, btw, nearly 100% ROI! I'd like to say it's unsustainable, but the people at the 10c tournaments have got to be REALLY bad so I'm honestly unsure.

Also, pics! Of the labradoodle, of course! :)
    • ronuble
      ronuble
      Bronze
      hehe, thanks for passing by, and yes, people in 0,10 MTTs is really, really bad.
      Std 0,10MTT situation: pot 1k and they try to push u out of it with 50chips :P so yes.. the level is really bad.
      About my graph, i guess is gonna go down eventually,but something to take into account is that when u win or get a #2/#3 in this tourneys u get a lot more BIs than usual, (#1 is 68BI for instance) so maybe thats why i have this nice graph. I want to move up asap to the $0,50 90man turbo mtts now that i tried them and know that the players are just as bad as the 0,10 players :) -coz they are faster, obviously-

I cant find any new pics--maybe because my camera has been broken for years and im too lazy to download the images to my pc :P - but i guess he was even more adorable whe he was a few months old :P ill try to post some new ones coz he's the nutz -just like a str8 flush !-

• phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      gl with those mtts, i am pretty sure that good players could sustain 100% ROI in those, just have a good BRM, coz swings can be brutal
    • ronuble
      ronuble
      Bronze
      @phantom : yes, as i said, i have some big swings and not because of real downswings but because of my playstyle+"normal" variance. And for this mtts all u need is 20bucks to be well rolled :P hehe (200BI!)
    • ronuble
      ronuble
      Bronze
      http://youtu.be/7Jx3pc-QvtQ
      when im a little down, i always hear this weird isildur song and it makes me feel better about stuff :O :P "i hate the min betsss" :P

i just love his crazy moves in the table :P and watching the insane HUs where he almost busted durr , ahaha (but now nobody gives a damn, remember?)
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      D'aww! He's adorable! I'm more of a cat person because most dogs bark, but that doesn't mean dogs can't be adorable.

Also, 200 BI is a conservative BRM that's meant for people who can't re-deposit. If you don't want to redeposit, that's fine, but if you're willing to put in some more money just in case you can play with less. 100 BI for the 0.10's and 75-ish for the 90-mans should be perfectly fine. Plus, the better your ROI, the lower your swings. You might be massively below EV but still be up money overall. It all depends on what you feel comfortable with, I guess, but you don't need 100 bucks to play the 0.50's :)
    • ronuble
      ronuble
      Bronze
      yup, he's really cool. And bout the barking.. well, he barks when some stupid dog bothers him in the front door but other than that he's really quiet. He started barking when he was like 1 year old, so we're really happy that we didnt have to teach him to be quiet.
      The problem with cats is that .. well they're mean! i get really nervious when i have a cat near me always feel like the cat is looking at my face and thinking "im soo gonna eat ur eyeballs"
      lol

About the BI stuff, i know 200BI is really conservative for this level -i will use 200BI for $1+- :) i will be moving to the 0,50 Mtts with $50 (100BI) but i dont have any turbo stuff in between so i will be overrolled for a long time, hehe.

I will make a small deposit in the next days because i want the 10x10 promotion (10tickets for a $1k freeroll) + 100% deposit bonus + being able to withdraw something if i get some "big" cash in one of the mtts i play (i play the $0,55 turbo mtt with $500 guaranteed, which reachs 2k+ pricepool everyday so thats really nice :D ). With that deposit i will move up to 0,50 or maybe $1, not sure how much it will be.-
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      Fair enough. My general rule with MTT's, not that I've ever had to actually utilise it, is "If I win a big score at an MTT, I will double my bankroll, and withdraw everything else." Of course, as an MTT grinder you might need to replace your losses too, so your mileage may vary.
    • ronuble
      ronuble
      Bronze
      YAY . 1minute before i played this hand, i lost with a flush vs a str8 flush! And i was like "second time i lost with flush vs str8 flush this week " (and btw, 3 str8 flushes in a week is pretty sick IMO , never saw 1 before this week and then 3 in a row !

No Limit Holdem Tournament
      PokerStars
      8 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com
      $0.09+$0.01

Stacks:
      UTG Anjutka1981 (1,310)
      UTG+1 leshat0661 (1,790)
      MP1 Nanne 05/75 (3,120)
      MP2 FCS =>284 (1,600)
      CO larinha7 (4,740)
      BTN cr7extrim (3,090)
      SB ronuble (4,980)
      BB troll144 (5,280)

Blinds: 30/60

Pre-Flop: (90, 8 players) ronuble is SB 9:spade: A:spade:
      Anjutka1981 calls 60, 2 folds, FCS =>284 calls 60, larinha7 calls 60, cr7extrim calls 60, ronuble calls 30, troll144 checks

Flop: 5:spade: 7:spade: K:club: (360, 6 players)
      ronuble bets 270, 2 folds, FCS =>284 raises to 540, larinha7 calls 540, 1 fold, ronuble calls 270

Turn: 6:spade: (1,980, 3 players)
      ronuble bets 990, FCS =>284 goes all-in 1,000, larinha7 calls 1,000, ronuble calls 10

River: 8:spade: (4,980, 3 players, 1 all-in)
      ronuble goes all-in 3,380, larinha7 goes all-in 3,140

Final Pot: 11,500
      FCS =>284 shows a flush, King high
      K:spade: 8:diamond:
      larinha7 shows a straight, Five to Nine
      K:heart: 9:club:
      ronuble shows a straight flush, Five to Nine
      9:spade: A:spade:

ronuble wins 11,500 (net +6,520)

FCS =>284 lost 1,600
      larinha7 lost 4,740
      cr7extrim lost 60
      troll144 lost 60
      Anjutka1981 lost 60
    • ronuble
      ronuble
      Bronze
      edited coz its sad to write things in tilt when i know is stupid :D
    • ronuble
      ronuble
      Bronze
      YAY #3 , i made a stupid mistake that made me the shortstack but im happy that i played really well pre-FT and after the FT (just screwed up in 1 hand , which is stupid but whatever) and ran better than i was running today :)
    • ronuble
      ronuble
      Bronze
      The micros.
      yes, watch that . . . NOW , GO!

<---drunk ,but watch the micros NOW anyway