Aussie Taking Some European Cash - Laggsy - The Second Coming

• Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      Hi there pokerstrategists,

I feel it is time to open up my second blog, seeing as my first blog was a complete and utter failure (lasted a whole 6 posts). This is a serious blog tracking my poker successes (hopefully) and poker failures (hopefully not).

I use fairly aggressive bankroll management, and take a lot of shots, in search of the higher limits. I'm currently playing NL20 on a euro site. This equates to about NL30 in Australian money. My current bankroll is 583 Euro. I usually play 8 tables in a fairly loose aggressive style.

Bankroll: 583 Euro

Another thing I've done in the past is make some poker videos. I really enjoy making these and the results aren't terrible. So ill try and make as many videos as I can to give you all an extra insight into my play.

Also if you have an ideas for videos, just tell me about it and I'll see what I can do. The more entertaining the better.

Here is the first video I made.

Enjoy my blog, make some jokes and good luck to everyone!!
  • 138 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Goodluck with part 2 :)
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      So in great form in my new blog, in my first day I played the grand total or zero hands of poker. ;) See I don't play poker everyday, I'm not one of those sick grinders playing 16 hours a day getting $456000 rakeback every week.

I'm more of a person that likes to play good poker and improve my game so that one day....

One day Dwan will be folding to my 4-bet bluffs at $2000/$4000. :)

But the reason I didn't play today was because I grinded out my university study. Today was linear algebra day. Oh yeah, I go to university, at Sydney, studying Aeronautical Engineering.

So I've got exams coming up, first one is next thursday, then three the week after. So it should be a fun few weeks. :( I'll have to see how much poker I can fit in but I daresay my updates over the next couple of weeks will be more university related than poker related.

BACK to poker now, my view on poker is a little different to many people out there. I feel that so many people have lost sight of the real reason they started playing poker. They didn't start playing so that they could get that rakeback payment at the end of the week. They didn't start playing so that they could food on the table next week. They started playing because they enjoyed it. They played it for fun and relaxation; an escape from the demands of life. And maybe the possibility of a big score. :)

I just feel that so many people have lost sight of this enjoyment and fun they had when they first started playing poker. And it's a terrible thing to lose, because poker has got to be the most enjoying card game to play. The desire to improve and to beat players that are better than you drive you to succeed.

You see many regulars posting on 2+2 telling people how sick of the grind they are. Why do it then? Everybody dreams of being a professional poker player so that they can live life without the restrictions of a boss and having to work 9-5.

I swear, the way some people talk about their poker career, they would get more value and sense of achievement out of working a 9-5. I just wonder why they are still grinding, when they hate it. And the money isn't great for low stakes grinders either.

This brings me to my next topic. I wonder how people that play 24+ tables enjoy the game. I did it for a period and hated every second of it. So, i stopped. When your playing that many tables you might as well be a computer system programmed to make the same desicion in the same scenario every single time you see it. Is that enjoyable? I say no.

The reason I play poker is for it's creativity and flair. Some of you might say that's lame, but in poker there are so many possibilites, it's endless. There is nothing more fun than when you have a metagame going on with some guy from bulgaria that you will never meet in your life. To me, that is incredible. Our lives are so intertwined but we will never actually have anything to do with eachother. You might flop the nuts against said player and check it down OOP to the river in order to get some payoff. Then next hand you might be able to fire out with the nuts... or maybe this time it will be a bluff. See what I mean, the possibilities are endless.

Poker is a game that will never be solved, for with every strategy a counter strategy can be created and for anyone that begs to differ, I say you have no imagination. There is always a way to beat a player. It's just about finding it.

My theory on progressing as a poker player has always been self learning. I have read a few articles and watched a few videos, but I never had the money to pay for top quaility information. So I would go out and play, and play, and play, and play until I figured out a small piece of information. And from there, I would start to improve. I'd keep playing and then I'd discover another little nugget of information. This is the way poker should be learnt. It can't be taught, it must be learned. Through personal experience we really don't forget, and the sense of personal satisfaction from solving a problem is hugely gratifying.

This is why I don't say I play BSS, because I've only ever read a few basic articles on BSS. While my style may be similar in some ways to BSS, it is completely my own style and I'm very proud of it. Many people don't like my strategy and I'm sure there will be many more people to come. But I believe that the individual style that I have created will be hugely beneficial to my poker career as a I move up through the stakes. I will be able to learn from the players there and adapt a superior strategy to beat their game. Then move up another level and adapt again.

I don't believe that poker is a game about getting better. It's a game of adaptation and being able to think on the fly. To solve a problem before you know what the problem truly is.

Poker is a game.

I could not emphasise this more. If your not enjoying it. Don't play!

It makes no sense to end up doing exactly what you started playing poker, to escape doing, i.e. grinding a job 9-5.

Poker shouldn't be a job, and with me it never will be.

With the hardships and problems in our modern world, we should be grateful for every thing we have. The opportuities we have. It really is a beautiful thing.

I'm not going to provide cliffs because this is one aspect of poker that I'm very passionate about and I wish everyone else would be too. At the very least I hope I have given you something to think about.

Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables :)

- Laggsy
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      Goodluck with part 2 :)
      Thanks dude. I feel it's already going better. :)
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      This is my favourite song at the moment. It's just so so so so epic. Lyrics are brilliant.

I went and saw Bliss n Eso a few weeks ago at the Hordern Pavillion. Here is a video that my mate recorded. BTW we weren't sitting that far back for the whole show, this was the only song we were sitting down for, while we were recovering from the epic moshing. haha :)

• Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I just played this hand and felt I should let you all know straight away. :)

Omaha High Pot Limit EUR 0.10/0.20

Players:
      Laggsy (EUR 26.74 in seat 1)
      RichBiaach (EUR 38.05 in seat 2)

Dealer: Laggsy
      Big Blind: RichBiaach (0.20)
      Small Blind: Laggsy (0.10)

Laggsy was dealt: 7 :diamond: - 2 :spade: - 5 :spade: - 4 :heart:

Laggsy Call (0.10), RichBiaach Check

Flop 8 :heart: - 3 :club: - J :heart:

RichBiaach Bet (0.30), Laggsy Call (0.30)

Turn 8 :heart: - 3 :club: - J :heart: - 9 :heart:

RichBiaach Bet (0.75), Laggsy Call (0.75)

River 8 :heart: - 3 :club: - J :heart: - 9 :heart: - A :heart:

RichBiaach Check, Laggsy Bet (1.87), RichBiaach Raise (8.11), Laggsy All-In (23.62), RichBiaach Fold

Laggsy wins: EUR 17.97

The river was an epic tank fold. He used his entire time bank. i was sweating up a storm becuase I was only playing one table. :)
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      Ohhhhhhhh man. What a start!!!!!

I got raped so hard today. I tilted a fair bit. I played bad poker. lol. It is all my own fault that my bankroll now sits at 510 Euro. ~4 BI down from playing NL20 and then some PLO20 where I got slayed.

Bankroll: 510 Euro

My PLO didn't actually play that bad. I got my money in good, but then lost. There seems to be so many 60-40, 70-30 spots in PLO. I just can't understand how people can constantly grind out a living without there being some terrible players out there. Unless the people that do grind are so good that, in comparison, everyone else is terrible haha. I dunno. One day I wanna be a real good PLO player, so there is only one place to start. MICROS!!!!

I need to remember to save some hands as I'm playing because I don't have software to save them for me. So I'll try to include some epic bluffs and ridiculous suckouts for the lolz.

I think I might play a quick session b4 I go to bed.

Catchya and goodluck at the tables. :)
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      Can definitely empathise a lot with your blog. I am Aussie, I believe that learning should trump grinding. (But I prefer to study and play a fair few tables, though not so many I become a robot) I liked your bit about people saying they're sick of the grind: After all, most people who are intelligent enough to win at Poker could make $ at business or something instead, so why not?
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      I might play a quick session b4 i go to bed....

WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!??!?!?!?!?!!!

I ended up dropping 100 Euros. Fucking epic downswing at the start of the session then just tilted the rest, trying to make epic bluffs and getting called by ridiculously obvious hands that, if I was't tilted, I would have known to not try and bluff.

I need to stop this happening. I get 2 steps forward then take one step back so often. It is realy draining on the motivation.

ANYWAY, here is an awesome song that everyone should listen to.

And this is my favourite poker hand. :heart: Tom Dwan

Cmon how awesome is that hand. I have watched it so many times. :)

Cya and good luck all :)
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Salivanth
      Can definitely empathise a lot with your blog. I am Aussie, I believe that learning should trump grinding. (But I prefer to study and play a fair few tables, though not so many I become a robot) I liked your bit about people saying they're sick of the grind: After all, most people who are intelligent enough to win at Poker could make $ at business or something instead, so why not?
      Thanks for reading dude, I wasn't sure if anyone would actually be bothered to read it all. haha.

Yeah thats a good point too. They might as well 'not enjoy' something that makes a difference in someones life, rather than not enjoy playing poker. lol.

Hope you enjoy the blog!!!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Would you happen to be going to "come Together" in Sydney?
    • DarkNeo1
      DarkNeo1
      Bronze
      Funny shit mate, that 1st vid made me giggle, cheers :)
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      I have no idea what that is. I will research it right now...

HOLY MUTHERFUCKING SHIT A BRICK!!!!!!!!

How have I not heard of this before now?????????????

Artists:

Drapht
      Urthboy
      Illy
      Muph & Plutonic
      M-Phazes
      The Tongue
      Mantra
      Daily Meds

Far out that looks so sick.

Damn I wish I didn't have exams to go to. Only $43!! Absolute +EV right there.

FML. Bloody Uni. :(
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      Here is the second youtube video I made. I raise every hand as the title suggests. So brutal lol. I didn't play very well though.

There are 3 parts to this one so if you wanna watch them just click the link in my signature.

Enjoy :)
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DarkNeo1
      Funny shit mate, that 1st vid made me giggle, cheers :)
      Glad you enjoyed it. MOAAARRRRRR to come in the near future. :)

Good luck.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Laggsy
      I have no idea what that is. I will research it right now...

HOLY MUTHERFUCKING SHIT A BRICK!!!!!!!!

How have I not heard of this before now?????????????

Artists:

Drapht
      Urthboy
      Illy
      Muph & Plutonic
      M-Phazes
      The Tongue
      Mantra
      Daily Meds

Far out that looks so sick.

Damn I wish I didn't have exams to go to. Only $43!! Absolute +EV right there.

FML. Bloody Uni. :(
      I saw you like a lot of hip hop, thought you'd like it ;)
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      Now you've made me feel all depressed. haha. Way to ruin my day Kyle. ahah
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Laggsy
      Now you've made me feel all depressed. haha. Way to ruin my day Kyle. ahah
      I'm sowwwie :(
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      I can almost not handle this. . . It's too epic.

• Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      Yeah so I played again last night for a little session and once again got destroyed.

The bankroll now sits at about 320 Euro.

This is definately the most ive ever lost at online poker. It's so tough to handle.

Ill be getting a pretty big rakeback payment today (100 Euro) so that will soften teh blow a bit. But its still very hard to take. Also when I have these losing sessions it makes it hard for me to get motivated to study.

SO because of this reason I will be taking a few days off poker. I will concentrate on study. I also haven't been doing nearly enough exercise lately, so I'll make sure I get back into that.

Sorry for the constant negative updates guys, it's just hard to take constant brutal losses.

Good luck!!