[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR (Not exactly) - K6s, far from standard play

• Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Never saw something like this happen before, one hand earlier we were playing a 9-handed game, then all of sudden everybody decides to leave and we're down to three.

Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25/$0.50BB (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

Button ($49.75) (Hero)
      SB ($16.25)
      BB ($9.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6:diamond: , K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $2.00, SB calls $1.75, 1 folds

Tried a steal here, both players are tight-passive.

Flop: 4:club: , A:club: , 5:club: ( $4.5 )
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.00, SB calls $3.00,

Followed with a c-bet HU IP. Standard.

Turn: 3:diamond: ( $10.5 )
      SB checks, Hero checks,

Got a OESD here but I don't like betting here. It's a weak draw, and if villain has an Ace or a FD, I believe my FE is too little. So I decided to take the free card.

River: 2:heart: ( $10.5 )
      SB checks, Hero...

Completed my straight and villain checks to me again. What would be the best move here? Check. Bet something between $5-$10. Or put villain all-in? His stack is $11.25
  • 11 replies
    • carebax
      carebax
      Bronze
      I'd shuv for metaplay and make it look like a steal (there's a straight on the board btw if u haven't noticed). If he has a flush or 67 it's a cooller obviously (:) ), but can't ever see him check these hands twice. Villain prolly had like Ax or a good fd.
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      i think is -ev to try to steal against that stack sizes ... 2 of 3 times sb or bb shoves and you have to fold
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aanty2000
      i think is -ev to try to steal against that stack sizes ... 2 of 3 times sb or bb shoves and you have to fold
      I hadn't been playing any hands for quite some time on this table, so I really don't think that two tight passive players are gonna shove here with nothing.

And they're going to be holding nothing more than 2/3 of the time.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      K6s is good enough to steal. On that flop I would probably check behind and take a free card.
      AS played you could bet 8$ on the river he would call since the straight is on the board.
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      a played that plays with that stack at this limit doesnt care too much if you were tight or agressive ... he gets a hand that looks " preaty " to him and shoves because he feels pot comited because he posted the blinds . just my opinion . it happened a lot ..
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      On that flop I would probably check behind and take a free card.
      HU IP I always c-bet no matter the flop texture. And anyway, I have no draws on the flop, doesn't make much sense to me taking a free card, I'd rather try and take down the pot on a bluff, If I get raised, easy fold.

@aanty2000: It's true, most players just doesn't pay attention to how other players have been playing. But both blinds were tight and passive :D , that makes it more unlikely they are gonna shove too often. And at NL50 I've seen a lot of players with smaller stacks call PF and fold to a c-bet that would put them all-in on the flop.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Without any reads I bet little more than 1/2 PS to get a call from a weaker Ace or a Pocket Pair.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Thorsten77
      Without any reads I bet little more than 1/2 PS to get a call from a weaker Ace or a Pocket Pair.
      Even with a straight on the board? Wouldn't it be better to push since villain also has a straight?
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Faye6891
      Originally posted by Thorsten77
      Even with a straight on the board? Wouldn't it be better to push since villain also has a straight?
      Imo,if you push, any worse hands, like sets, 2 pair, will fold .You may be called by a flush which is not very likely if he is passive and called your raise pf, as the A is on the board.
      I think a smaller bet , that doesn´t force him allin gives you a better value, as there is a straight on the board. He may call , thinking you are trying to steal
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      But the thing here is if he had a set or two pair, it doesn't matter anymore, because now he has a straight too. And he probably doesn't think I have a 6 (If he's thinking at all).

I did make a smaller bet there on the river ($6) and got called by a busted FD. If I had gone all-in I'm pretty sure I'd be called as well. I'm not letting the results of the hand influence my decision here... I just didn't pay attention that there was a straight on the board when I was actually playing this hand. :D
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Sorry guys, didn't see the straigth. But for sure, I'd bet here. It looks like I wanna steal the spilt pot, so he often calls for a split. I bet here even when I have air, just to get the full instead of the half pot.