This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR (Not exactly) - K6s, far from standard play

• Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Never saw something like this happen before, one hand earlier we were playing a 9-handed game, then all of sudden everybody decides to leave and we're down to three.

Titan No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25/$0.50BB (Titan HH Converter by Kreatief)

Button ($49.75) (Hero)
      SB ($16.25)
      BB ($9.20)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6:diamond: , K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $2.00, SB calls $1.75, 1 folds

Tried a steal here, both players are tight-passive.

Flop: 4:club: , A:club: , 5:club: ( $4.5 )
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.00, SB calls $3.00,

Followed with a c-bet HU IP. Standard.

Turn: 3:diamond: ( $10.5 )
      SB checks, Hero checks,

Got a OESD here but I don't like betting here. It's a weak draw, and if villain has an Ace or a FD, I believe my FE is too little. So I decided to take the free card.

River: 2:heart: ( $10.5 )
      SB checks, Hero...

Completed my straight and villain checks to me again. What would be the best move here? Check. Bet something between $5-$10. Or put villain all-in? His stack is $11.25
  • 11 replies
    • carebax
      carebax
      Bronze
      I'd shuv for metaplay and make it look like a steal (there's a straight on the board btw if u haven't noticed). If he has a flush or 67 it's a cooller obviously (:) ), but can't ever see him check these hands twice. Villain prolly had like Ax or a good fd.
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      i think is -ev to try to steal against that stack sizes ... 2 of 3 times sb or bb shoves and you have to fold
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aanty2000
      i think is -ev to try to steal against that stack sizes ... 2 of 3 times sb or bb shoves and you have to fold
      I hadn't been playing any hands for quite some time on this table, so I really don't think that two tight passive players are gonna shove here with nothing.

And they're going to be holding nothing more than 2/3 of the time.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      K6s is good enough to steal. On that flop I would probably check behind and take a free card.
      AS played you could bet 8$ on the river he would call since the straight is on the board.
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      a played that plays with that stack at this limit doesnt care too much if you were tight or agressive ... he gets a hand that looks " preaty " to him and shoves because he feels pot comited because he posted the blinds . just my opinion . it happened a lot ..
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      On that flop I would probably check behind and take a free card.
      HU IP I always c-bet no matter the flop texture. And anyway, I have no draws on the flop, doesn't make much sense to me taking a free card, I'd rather try and take down the pot on a bluff, If I get raised, easy fold.

@aanty2000: It's true, most players just doesn't pay attention to how other players have been playing. But both blinds were tight and passive :D , that makes it more unlikely they are gonna shove too often. And at NL50 I've seen a lot of players with smaller stacks call PF and fold to a c-bet that would put them all-in on the flop.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Without any reads I bet little more than 1/2 PS to get a call from a weaker Ace or a Pocket Pair.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Thorsten77
      Without any reads I bet little more than 1/2 PS to get a call from a weaker Ace or a Pocket Pair.
      Even with a straight on the board? Wouldn't it be better to push since villain also has a straight?
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Faye6891
      Originally posted by Thorsten77
      Even with a straight on the board? Wouldn't it be better to push since villain also has a straight?
      Imo,if you push, any worse hands, like sets, 2 pair, will fold .You may be called by a flush which is not very likely if he is passive and called your raise pf, as the A is on the board.
      I think a smaller bet , that doesn´t force him allin gives you a better value, as there is a straight on the board. He may call , thinking you are trying to steal
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      But the thing here is if he had a set or two pair, it doesn't matter anymore, because now he has a straight too. And he probably doesn't think I have a 6 (If he's thinking at all).

I did make a smaller bet there on the river ($6) and got called by a busted FD. If I had gone all-in I'm pretty sure I'd be called as well. I'm not letting the results of the hand influence my decision here... I just didn't pay attention that there was a straight on the board when I was actually playing this hand. :D
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Sorry guys, didn't see the straigth. But for sure, I'd bet here. It looks like I wanna steal the spilt pot, so he often calls for a split. I bet here even when I have air, just to get the full instead of the half pot.