[NL2-NL10] 97s NL2

• lukezo
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9, 7.
      MP2 raises to $0.06, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.06, BU calls $0.06, SB folds, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.25) 6, J, T (4 players)
      BB bets $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, BU calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.65) 5 (4 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, BU bets $0.48, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.48, Hero folds.

River: ($1.61) 4 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $1.61.
      Results follow:

BU shows high card queen(Q 9).
      MP2 shows high card king(Q K).

MP2 wins with high card king(Q K).

The question is whether to shove here, both of the players are tags?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      since pot is quite big I don´t think you have there fold equity.
      But with flushdraw+gutshot you get odds to call so I´d personally would call turn bet. But I think a lot better option would be betting turn yourself 0.4$ and then possible also betting river to get someone fold weak hands
    • veriz
      Hello lukezo,

Preflop: I'd actually even advice not really playing that loose with those kind of hands if you don't feel that secure playing postflop. Rather just fold them. If you don't have a great plan for postflop it's pretty hard to play such hands and as well even when you hit your TP you will never know or either if you hit your flush, never know if it's good enough.

As played
      Postflop: Doesn't make sense to shove the turn, you will mostly get called by better hands and likely even don't have fold equity. But I guess I would rather as well play it Check/Call while we even getting the odds. Betting the turn doesn't really bring us much while being in such a multiway pot. We likely wont have fold equity either with the donk.

Best regards.