Need more knowledge on AF

• Evante
      Hand converted with online hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 8.
      6 folds, SB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1) 8, 5, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, SB calls $0.25.

Turn: ($1.5) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($1.5) 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $5.75, Hero calls $5.75.

Final Pot: $13.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, eights(Ks 8s).
      SB shows a straight, eight high(4c 6d).

SB wins with a straight, eight high(4c 6d).

Ok i made a big mistake on the flop or actually preflop where i should 3bet
      But on the river i called due to his awesomely high AF on river which is 4.5
      Overall AF is 2.9. flop = 1.8 turn = 4.0 river = 4.5
      What does this mean? he bluffs alot on the river? or he is a turbo slowplayer?
      Sorry if i ask too much!!!

Oh ya, he steals alot too...
  • 2 replies
    • Wurble
      What's his wtsd & w$sd? A high AF at the river could just mean that he only ever gets there with the nuts ;) Either that or he likes to bluff a lot of rivers.

Stats are best looked at when used with other stats to give an overall picture of someones game... Like, what's his VPIP\PFR and Cbet? I mean, if he has high vpip\pfr, high cbet, high river AF, high wtsd and low w$sd what do you think this would mean? You would like to see a lot of showdowns against this player right?

But then if his vpip\pfr is low, cbet low, river AF high, wtsd low and w$sd high what does this mean? You don't want to see a showdown against this player without the nuts right?

Oh and the hand... dunno about 3bet pre flop because he steals alot so good chance your hand is good and you have position. On the flop I'd bet way bigger, like $0.70-90... You gave him a pretty good price for his draw. I'd also bet\fold the turn pretty big and if called I guess I'd fold to a bet on the river and check back if checked to.
    • pzhon
      A high aggression factor does not necessarily mean that the player bluffs a lot. It simply means that the player rarely calls, relative to the times the player bets or raises. This could mean that the player calls normally, and bets and raises like a maniac. However, it could also be that the player prefers to take lines like betting into you with hands that other players would check-call.

I'm not sure why you made a minimum bet on the flop. I think you want to build the pot for value.