• erob60
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , A:spade:
      MP2 calls $1.00, MP3 calls $1.00, CO calls $1.00, 2 folds, Hero raises to $7.00, MP2 calls $6.00, 2 folds.

Flop: ($16.50) 5:spade: , T:club: , K:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $10, MP2 raises to $25.00, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $51.50

This happens a lot, and its mighty irritating (people show off their trash hands and I fold). Viable strategy? - call with shite in position preflop, reraise contibet any board by the size of the pot (previous pot+contibet). 2/3 of the time they miss and you get even money odds. Even more irritating is the minreraise with a crap hand - they get even better odds, plus people also do this with concealed monsters, so you still have to be cautious on innocent looking boards.

Sure, if I've seen someone doing this I can use it against them, but I never seem to see them again, plus they don't try tend to try it if its already worked once for them in a session (unless of course they actually hand a hand, since the purpose of the move is surely to set someone up for a fall).

Oh well, rant over.
  • 2 replies
    • swissmoumout
      yeah I got this a lot lately, it's a pain in the *** to get min-raised 5 times in a row when you c-bet...but it doesn't matter, just make a normal c-bet when you flop big, and they'll pay you off quite nicely :)
      btw they sometimes min-raise or check/min-raise with underpairs and such, so I think TPTK is good enough for a re-raise / push in most cases
    • whipflip15
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      check/min-raise with underpairs and such
      OMG even worse when they show it after you fold. Does my head in.