[NL2-NL10] NL10SH - two pairs, ugly board and a fish

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Villain is "da fish" playing 50/10 or so. I've been iso-raising relentlessly (which I do regret a bit, I might have overdone it) and her limp/fold is mere 14%. Also the fold flop is like 30~40% - not so inviting for a non-value range.

Anyway:

PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players

UTG: $10.71
      Hero (CO): $10.49
      BTN: $9.90
      SB: $6.91
      BB: $10.05

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:heart: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, SB calls $0.45, fold, UTG calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.60, 3 players) Q:club: 5:club: 7:heart:
      SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $1.20, fold, UTG calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.00, 2 players) A:club:
      UTG checks, [color=red]Hero...?

What to do? I never know what to do on these boards. Protection, I usually think, as "da fish" could easily have one club only - and call with that one club. Of course on this hand there are a myriad of holding she could call with.

On the other hand, if she already has the flush I still have my outs. Bluff induce is not out of question - she is the type of fish who likes big bluffs but that's just too high variance. BUT if I check behind she might quite well check river too, giving way to a nice valuebet should nothing change on the board.

:f_confused:
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello luizsilveira,

Definitely bet the the turn. We still need to protect from 1card FD type of hands and as well get value from weaker Ax. :)

Best regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello luizsilveira,

Definitely bet the the turn. We still need to protect from 1card FD type of hands and as well get value from weaker Ax. :)

Best regards.
      Cool.

I bet some 2,20 and she shoved. Easy fold AFAIK?

Is the betsize ok? Of course I wanted to bet the least possible to get information while not looking too weak to induce a bluff. Even though that board is awful for an OPP pure bluff...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      Hello luizsilveira,

Best regards.
      Cool.

I bet some 2,20 and she shoved. Easy fold AFAIK?

Is the betsize ok? Of course I wanted to bet the least possible to get information while not looking too weak to induce a bluff. Even though that board is awful for an OPP pure bluff...
      Yep, something like $2,50 or something similar should work.
    • Edukator99
      Edukator99
      Bronze
      Really? Why not bet for pot control? A 4th club seems unlikely and if she bets small you could call or fold. If she reraises here you certainly have to fold so you wasted the bet didn't you? Or are they likely to fold almost all the time if they don't have the flush so you win most of the time?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Edukator99
      Really? Why not bet for pot control? A 4th club seems unlikely and if she bets small you could call or fold. If she reraises here you certainly have to fold so you wasted the bet didn't you? Or are they likely to fold almost all the time if they don't have the flush so you win most of the time?
      Didn't get your question? Bet for pot control? Or did you mean Check for pot control. But basically we ain't Checking for the reason that he may still have some 1card FD type of hands.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Edukator99
      Didn't get your question? Bet for pot control? Or did you mean Check for pot control. But basically we ain't Checking for the reason that he may still have some 1card FD type of hands.
      And of course may call with a not worse than my top two.

I'm actually glad she didn't call the turn and donk any river. :f_biggrin:

What I ask myself is how many players could/would ch/r shove her one club there - but Kcx type of hands make no sense calling the flop. Even though she's a super fish, dunno if we can find much sense anyway...