Need help

• dadobog
      dadobog
      Bronze
      Hello everyone. I would be glad if there are some advices for me. I got my starting capital few days ago and its be like downhill from then to me. I just simple overplay weak cards, call when I am 80% certain im not in front and I mix a lot of games like multiple sitngoes, heads up, cash games etc. I feel like I'm not mentally stable for poker because even when I play well one suck out from somebody and my game crashes. Before I start playing poker I usually watch some videos to try to adapt but then simple play bad. It seems that I have problem folding hands like pocket 10 and jacks and usually lose against higher pocket pair even thought I dont go all I just got re raised all in. I dont know guys I am at 18 dollars now and playing heads up and decided to rest until tomorrow. Is there some advice you can give me to help improve my game and what kind of game do you advice me to play and which is most profitable in long run? I would like to see/read some books/videos that helped you when you first was getting started. I like multi talbe sitngoes the most but I also like cash games but I realised that is the most unprofitable for me. Also I've noticed even when I lose a lot of money I just continue to play and lose even more. Any advice is helpfull guys.
  • 5 replies
    • Pascal
      Pascal
      Bronze
      Hi dadobog,

think the most important point to start with is to work on your mindset and tilt resistance
      you can't become a good poker player if you can't focus on playing your A-Game

second point is you shouldn't mix to many games in the beginning
      try to stick to the one game you like most and become good at it

to do this you got every tool you need on our homepage
      we got articles, livecoaching, videos and
      handevaluations (in my opinion the greatest way to work active on your skills)
      try to dig a little deeper into our strategy sections
      while playing is surely important to become a better player
      working on your skillz and mindset is the bigger part

Cheers,

Pascal
    • dadobog
      dadobog
      Bronze
      Great to post from greater place and I am again ambitious poker player. I've decided today to play serious and played today 4 sitngoes 45 players 1$ buy in finish one 2nd and tonight I come back high on weed and I play so camly and was 2nd on my first mt sitngo. So I guess im in +17-18 bucks today. I think I will continue to play poker when Im high even suck out queens vs jacks didn't disturb my play.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Playing while high on weed--or drunk, or impaired in any other way--is NOT recommended. If you're going to play your best you need to be feeling your best.
    • dadobog
      dadobog
      Bronze
      Well I wouldn't play drunk. But when I am high I think so much better and think about the details and I am very much relaxed.
    • PMental
      PMental
      Bronze
      As long as you're not stoned out of your senses but rather a bit more relaxed I think it may actually help if your biggest problem is that you get impatient and annoyed...