Micro Stakes Poker

• Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      We made a Micro Stakes Poker in Finnish community some time ago. PLO2 6max, and I made a video with all the hole cards exposed. You can see the stuff in here:

http://fi.pokerstrategy.com/video/15475/
      http://fi.pokerstrategy.com/video/15942/

Are there any interested members to make one for this thread too? Without commentary, unless someone wants to do that.

The idea is to have some sort of educational value, so everyone should play as good as they can. Even if the stakes are superlow, the whole thing collapses if one player starts to play spew monkey.

Suitable time is hard to find, but how about Sunday evening, maybe something like 19:00 GMT+2?
  • 22 replies
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      I of course organised the NL holdem version of this for the EN community, you can see the outcome right here . It's perfectly possible we can do one for PLO at microstakes, I don't see why not. :)
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Please post if you are interested, and what times you can play on this weekend. And what limits you want to play, or if you want to play with play money.

One option is to play with play money, and then transfer money as won or lost. That way we can skip the rake, which is +EV for all. At Ongame you can tranfer your play money hand histories with little fixing in to HEM. Full Tilt doesn't save play money han histories, what about PokerStars?

I think 5max with even blinds creates most action (Ongame). And my suggestion is that we get new seatings at least once during the session. Is 1h session good, with a little break and new seating in 30min mark?
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      I'll be busto in like 1h if we play high limits. I'm up for NL2, NL4. Or we can do playmoney, but still within these values.

Will have to register for Ongame if we play there, but that's not gonna be much of a problem since depositing is always instant on poker sites :) .

Timeframe: check
      Limits: NL2/4
      Network: Ongame - confirmed.
      Re-seating: also confirmed. Position is the nuts :D
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      I'd be keen but can't give specific times this weekend... I'm going to a LAN. Setup a time that works for whoever is keen and I'll play if I can get to it (if needed LDO).

Have bwin account, will travel. :f_cool:

Stars/FTP/888/iPoker/bwin(ongame) micro cash tables all possible.

Party/Merge play money tables also possible.
    • SirVanek
      SirVanek
      Bronze
      I'm interested , but i don't have bwin acc. And i'm not going to make one just for this.
      Stars, ftp would be ok.
    • iamthesituation
      iamthesituation
      Bronze
      id be in for FT!
    • SickAtHome
      SickAtHome
      Bronze
      One or two buyins at PLO2 =)
      Pokerstars for me, I can play ET times.
    • ichimeee
      ichimeee
      Bronze
      hi, i'm member of polish community, but started to look in here recently too, and i'm interested in participating in such game if its possible

i've made a review of available and suitable pokerrooms for me (bold is suitable):

PartyPoker:
      real money - min PLO25
      play money - only 10max tables

Ongame (Europoker):
      real money - min PLO10 - i play these stakes now so it suits me eventually, but i would prefer lower stakes for such game
      play money - 5max tables

Merge (PlayersOnly):
      real money - min PLO4 - i haven't done any deposit by now
      play money - only 9max tables

iPoker (Mansion):
      real money - PLO2 - i have some $ for 2-3 100bb buy-ins there
      play money - only 10max

Pokerstars:
      i have an account but havent done any deposit by now so only play money suits
      play money - i haven't noticed 6max tables
      i dont know how is it in homegames, if you can create playmoney table that suits you

if i'm wrong anywhere, please correct me, especially play money tables, maybe i haven't found existing 6max tables there

sunday 19:00 GMT+2 also fits me
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I suppose PokerStars homegames are easiest way, all those re-seatings and such are better when there's no outsiders waiting for the table.

Game is on this sunday, if we get 6 brave members. PLO2 or PLO5 with 40bb-250bb stacks. Playmoney is not possible for 6max games.

Feel free to join my HomeGames:

- Open the main poker lobby, then click on the Home Games tab
      - Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button
      - Enter my Club ID number: 31754
      - Enter my Invitation Code: mahtisonni
    • iamthesituation
      iamthesituation
      Bronze
      i'll deposit 50 bucks on stars for it. when on sunday?
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      We have to find a time that suits at least 6 players. 19:00 gmt+2 has been offered.
    • iamthesituation
      iamthesituation
      Bronze
      I'd be down for that. That's 2PM my time, so it's perfect.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Please join my homegame in Stars. And put your Skype name too, so I can create a Skype group for this and we can start working with the schedule&rules.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Well, I have just one member joined. So if we want to make this happen, please join the homegame I mentioned before. Anyone is wellcomed, you don't have to be supergood plo king.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Update, we have 3 players so far. Including me. Hurry up!
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Is that 19.00gmt + 2 on the12th June?

If I get the chance to sit I'd like to play PLO2 as I'm underrolled on Stars for anything else.
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      Are we still on?
    • iamthesituation
      iamthesituation
      Bronze
      i dont see why we wouldnt be
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I fell asleep and just woke up :)

We have enough members at my home games, but I can't see anyone online at Skype group. It's 19:00 GMT now, at least I think.

If you are not in the Skype group, please add me. Skype name Kyyberi.

edit: crap, I just saw that it was supposed to be 19 gtm+2 (or +3, these timezones are complicated). I was sleeping then, lol.

My mistake, but if no one is online we should change the date for next Sunday.

edit of edit: Most of the players are offline, so we call it off for today. Let's try to get it on next Sunday. I'll try to figure out if we can use play money for the game. Problem is that HEM doesn't import play money hands, so we need to figure out a way to change the hand history so it works. Or play PLO2 then.