[Application] NL10 SH - fryandspicy needs short term stake [Closed]

• fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      NL10 SH BSS Stake

Hi guys, I’ve just finished up with my final year of university and I’m looking to get back into playing poker for fun and profit. I’ve been an active member of this community in the past, but stopped posting much around January time this year because I had to severely cut down on poker. I cashed out and stopped playing but I’ve kept my hand in to some extent by reading an extensive array of no limit hold’em cash game books (both HU, SH and FR) and articles on this site as well as conducting my own studies into the game. I feel stronger now than when I stopped playing, in terms of technical skill. Of course, my mindset has probably reverted back to that of fish but it shouldn’t take me too much effort to pull my socks up and find the fold button. I’ll work through mindset books again if I get the stake.

A stake is needed because I cashed out from my FT account (hbishop11) around Easter time this year due to monetary issues and the lack of time to play poker. Now I can play a lot, but still have monetary constraints that stop me finding $250 of my own to pony up for poker. I’d want 20BI minimum stake but 25 BI would obviously be better. Playing three to four tables of NL10 SH at Party Poker. At least 800 hands per day I imagine. The stake deal will be 50/50 and not include rakeback or bonuses, but this will still be a good deal for you because of my high (expected) win rate. I’d want to start on a new poker site so that I can be tracked by pokerstrategy and take advantage of a first deposit bonus. Obviously I can provide proof of ownership of the hbishop11 account. The stake will last one month or 25,000 hands. Whichever comes last. I would be willing to consider a longer term stake and different profit splits if you can bring something additional to the table such as coaching. Ideally one person can make the full stake for the full amount.

I would be very happy to sweat with anyone who stakes me and will start a new blog on pokerstrategy to keep the staker informed of my progress (and for my own fun.) I’m also planning to post videos of me playing, with my thought process, on youtube and on this site so that people can help me improve. Willing to jump through hoops if required.

Garph:

Stats:

Other:

I have two other accounts. Both called fryandspicy. One on Titan Poker the other on Ultimate Bet. However neither of them have as pretty graphs and I’m roughly break even over small sample sizes on both as you’ll be able to see on pokertableratings (I don’t have their graphs on my HEM.) The Ultimate Bet one was used to experiment with shortstacking with a free $50 before Black Friday. The Titan one is my only tracked account and although I started off playing seriously on it, recently I have donked around with a 1 BI rule with the remaining dregs from the account after I cashed out. I appreciate a 20k hands lifetime graph is hardly overwhelming but hopefully i can convince you that I can win consistently over a longer time scale. I was previously playing full ring but would now like to try short handed play because most of the books I’ve read since I stopped have been focussed around 6max.

Cliffnotes:
      Stake - $250, 50/50 split of profits (plus stake back ldo)
      Game – NL10 SH BSS
      Platform – Party Poker
      History – 13bb/100 over 13,000 hands at same limit (although playing FR not SH)
      Duration – 1 month or 25,000 hands. (Whichever happens second).

Thanks!

UPDATE:

$250 recieved from EmanuelC16

(currently empty) Feedback thread here: Feedback - fryandspicy
      I have read and accepted the staking rules. By posting in this thread, every member acknowledges the same.
  • 15 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fryandspicy
      NL10 SH BSS Stake

Hi guys, I’ve just finished up with my final year of university and I’m looking to get back into playing poker for fun and profit. I’ve been an active member of this community in the past, but stopped posting much around January time this year because I had to severely cut down on poker. I cashed out and stopped playing but I’ve kept my hand in to some extent by reading an extensive array of no limit hold’em cash game books (both HU, SH and FR) and articles on this site as well as conducting my own studies into the game. I feel stronger now than when I stopped playing, in terms of technical skill. Of course, my mindset has probably reverted back to that of fish but it shouldn’t take me too much effort to pull my socks up and find the fold button. I’ll work through mindset books again if I get the stake.

A stake is needed because I cashed out from my FT account (hbishop11) around Easter time this year due to monetary issues and the lack of time to play poker. Now I can play a lot, but still have monetary constraints that stop me finding $250 of my own to pony up for poker. I’d want 20BI minimum stake but 25 BI would obviously be better. Playing three to four tables of NL10 SH at Party Poker. At least 800 hands per day I imagine. The stake deal will be 50/50 and not include rakeback or bonuses, but this will still be a good deal for you because of my high (expected) win rate. I’d want to start on a new poker site so that I can be tracked by pokerstrategy and take advantage of a first deposit bonus. Obviously I can provide proof of ownership of the hbishop11 account. The stake will last one month or 25,000 hands. Whichever comes last. I would be willing to consider a longer term stake and different profit splits if you can bring something additional to the table such as coaching. Ideally one person can make the full stake for the full amount.

I would be very happy to sweat with anyone who stakes me and will start a new blog on pokerstrategy to keep the staker informed of my progress (and for my own fun.) I’m also planning to post videos of me playing, with my thought process, on youtube and on this site so that people can help me improve. Willing to jump through hoops if required.

Garph:

Stats:

Other:

I have two other accounts. Both called fryandspicy. One on Titan Poker the other on Ultimate Bet. However neither of them have as pretty graphs and I’m roughly break even over small sample sizes on both as you’ll be able to see on pokertableratings (I don’t have their graphs on my HEM.) The Ultimate Bet one was used to experiment with shortstacking with a free $50 before Black Friday. The Titan one isi my only tracked account and although I started off playing seriously on it, recently I have donked around with a 1 BI rule with the remaining dregs from the account after I cashed out. I appreciate a 20k hands lifetime graph is hardly overwhelming but hopefully i can convince you that I can win consistently over a longer time scale. I was previously playing full ring but would now like to try short handed play because most of the books I’ve read since I stopped have been focussed around 6max.

Cliffnotes:
      Stake - $250, 50/50 split of profits (plus stake back ldo)
      Game – NL10 SH BSS
      Platform – Party Poker
      History – 13bb/100 over 13,000 hands at same limit (although playing FR not SH)
      Duration – 1 month or 25,000 hands. (Whichever happens second).

Thanks!

(currently empty) Feedback thread here: Feedback - fryandspicy
      I have read and accepted the staking rules. By posting in this thread, every member acknowledges the same.
      For reference
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Im interested in this. Reserve it all atm.

Do you have skype?
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Awesome! I do indeed have skype - fryandspicy
    • SickAtHome
      SickAtHome
      Bronze
      Waitlist $100?
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SickAtHome
      Waitlist $100?
      Sure :f_love:
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SickAtHome
      Waitlist $100?
      u can have it im cancelling my reserve.
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Updated. Just to ease the worries of potential backers me and amplifyd never spoke on skype so whatever his reason for withdrawing it wasn't because of anything i said :f_p:
    • SickAtHome
      SickAtHome
      Bronze
      add me via community
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      message sent.
    • chichospit
      chichospit
      Bronze
      reserve me 100$, Add me to comm tool
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by chichospit
      reserve me 100$, Add me to comm tool
      Done. We need to discuss whether you both would be happy with me playing with 20 buy ins. I did deposit $40 of my own yesterday so we can put that in to the stake instead but then obviously your shares go down slightly.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      If you need the last $50 I'm in. If you prefer the whole $250 from one person I'm in again.
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      As i said in the original post, I would prefer the whole stake from one person. I'll try and catch you on skype Emanuel and we can talk business. Just getting some lunch first but i'm sure i'll catch you some time today.
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Me and Emanuel talked on skype and the staking deal is finalised with him. Sorry to chichospit and SickAtHome I realise you got a bit of a raw deal but it's really much simpler and quicker to stake with just one backer so i hope you understand. Thanks for all the interest, thread can now be closed.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      reserve 100% of future deals to rio.