This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 - MSS, Q9 in co, 3bet pot

• BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $7.40
      CO (Hero):
      $3.70
      BU:
      $4.00
      SB:
      $4.75
      BB:
      $4.00
      UTG1:
      $5.44
      UTG2:
      $4.37
      MP1:
      $18.40
      MP2:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, 9.
      UTG1 raises to $0.20, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.70, 3 folds, UTG1 calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.55) T, A, 4 (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $1.00, UTG1 calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.55) K (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3.55) 8 (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero raises to $2.00(All-In), UTG1 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.55.

Villain stats in 1581 hands :
      23(vpip)/14(pfr)/25(f 3bet)/28(steal)
      49(f cbet)/27(f 2nd barrel)/30(wtsd)/1.7(af)
      EP : pfr 14%, f 3bet 30%

I noticed this villain folds a lot when he opens x2 from UTG. This time he didn't and I took the line above. I don't think he hit an ace, he would surely raise my cbet and since the flushdraw didn't complete I afforded to cbet/check/shove river which is a line usually used when you have nuts. I wasn't sure if I have the best hand, he might have Kx or pocket pairs with a diamond, to afford checking behind.
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      What do you mean with ''noticed''? Did you 3bet him before? etc.

cbet/check/shove river which is a line usually used when you have nuts.
      First time I heard this and sounds illogical as well if he has a since the Turn is the only street you can still get value from

So if you want to go all the way I cbet flop & shove Turn but I generally don't like your preflop 3bet

- Gerv
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Yeah, I 3bet him and he folded several times + other guys 3bet him and he folded. So I wanted to abuse his weak open because he has a wide range(15%) and I'm not sure if he opens x2 all hands or only the weak ones.

I think he projects himself on me and if he had a flush, he would cbet, check, shove. Generally that's what players do at this limit with the nuts. Of course, it's hard to trust someone for flopping a flush but I don't think he can call a weak ace, a weak pair, a busted fd or a K. It's probably better to cbet/shove but that K discouraged me to do it. On river he checks again and I thought that's just too weak so I either shove and force him to make a decision, or check behind but I'm not sure if I win.