moneybookers mastercard

• 13 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Im using it in Slovenia (€) and i never had problems with withdrawing anywhere in Europe. You pay 1.8€ per withdrawal no matter how much money you withdraw. If you withdraw in different currency then your account you pay extra 1.99% exchange fee.

So if you with draw 10€ you pay the same 1.8€ fee as withdrawing 250€ which is the max allowed so im just withdrawing max everytime so the fee is pretty decent around 0.7% considering my local bank chares 2.6% per cash withdrawal on my regular mastercard. Im not sure if you can get higher limits on that.

For paying with it in shops and restarurants etc you have 1k € daily limit with no fees.

Oh and the yearly membership costs 10€ as well.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I have a £ money bookers account and a card. I know that they dont charge any fee for using the card but they more than likely use a conversion fee if you are in $$$.

Regards

Thazar
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      ive now got a moneybookers $ account. should i get a card from them? and if so in which currency (my home currency is £). and what type of fees will i get if i use it?
      if MB account is $ and your card is in EUR and you want to get Pounds, you get hit twice so make sure it is either MB account $ -> Card Eur -> ATM Euro or MB $ -> Card $USD -> ATM any currency
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      i dont have a card but we use pounds so no point getting a euro card so i guess i should get a £ card? or maybe open a us bank
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      ok, im still kinda confused what would be the best option.

MB $ -> MB Card $ -> £ ATM

or

MB $ -> MB Card £ -< £ ATM

Which one costs more?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      ok, im still kinda confused what would be the best option.

MB $ -> MB Card $ -> £ ATM

or

MB $ -> MB Card £ -< £ ATM

Which one costs more?

For the 2nd option you provided you can see the cost here:
      http://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=fees

For transactions involving currency conversion Moneybookers adds 1.99%

So to compare which one is the best for you, you have to look up how much exchange rate the ATMs are charging

If you are moneybookers VIP the 2nd option is better because you don't pay ATm fees, discount on exchange rate and stuff
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      ok ill go with 2nd option, thanks gerv
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      oh FUUUUU moneybookers. they told me to upload 14.28 to apply for the card, but because of the markets it now costs 14.29 :(

EDIT: and now they blocked my bank transfer option because I tried to upload the minimum 1.43 USD but they told me it was too little :( someone send me 1c? :D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      oh FUUUUU moneybookers. they told me to upload 14.28 to apply for the card, but because of the markets it now costs 14.29 :(

EDIT: and now they blocked my bank transfer option because I tried to upload the minimum 1.43 USD but they told me it was too little :( someone send me 1c? :D
      oh.. unfortunate Toby :(
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      it's all fixed now, i used my cc to deposit $2 but got charged like 10c fees :D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      ofc, you fix everything.. no wonder ;)

Glad to hear!
    • iqzero1983
      iqzero1983
      Bronze
      I`d say the best option is :

make another account in £ (first call the support) - then order a card in £ and withdraw or pay in £. Then there are no fees when paying in shops, and only 1.80 on withdrawal.
    • iqzero1983
      iqzero1983
      Bronze
      nice, i replied to a 1 month old post. just the date was 20th too