NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.90)
      BB ($5)
      Hero ($11.26)
      UTG+1 ($36.27)
      CO ($12.15)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.40, fold, CO calls $0.40, BTN raises to $1.85, fold, fold, Hero raises to $11.26 (AI), fold, BTN calls $8.15 (AI)

FLOP ($20.55) 2:diamond: A:heart: 7:club:

TURN ($20.55) 2:diamond: A:heart: 7:club: T:diamond:

RIVER ($20.55) 2:diamond: A:heart: 7:club: T:diamond: 7:heart:

23/20/3.4/171
      7% 3bet
  • 2 replies
    • EmmaDauwe
      EmmaDauwe
      Bronze
      Did you have some reads, because it's really villain dependent.
      If he is a thinking player, he would have noticed you raised UTG. Which are your best hands. If he is an agressive player or a fish you should go all in.

BUT

As I said, if he's thinking, then you should think twice :)
      Against AK it's a flip, AA and KK crushes you.
      Do you think he would play other hands like this?

No, is answer: Fold is the best way.

Yes, he's bad and I've seen him pushing QQ-.

btw, why you shove and don't 4bet? You are getting it in, but yea.. kind of scares him maybe? No worse hands calling.

And I just don't like calling OOP.

7% is a tight range, but 171 hands isn't that much either.

Emma
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello xero100,

First thing to mention out is your 4bet size is just the worst. Shipping there wont get Called by a lot worse hands. You wont even give him room for bluffs. I'd just make a normal 4bet.

The very next thing is that it's pretty problematic to go broke here. If we really don't expect him to 3bet looser here. Because if we going broke here then the case often time is that we at the best get a flip. And therefore I might even at some spots consider folding against more conservative players. The 3bet of his ain't that huge either. That we always have to go broke here with JJ/QQ or either AK.

But of course if you really seen him doing a lot stabs into the pot and 3betting rather more aggressively then going broke is considerable.

Calling is kinda sick as well against his huge raise, just doesn't give us much room to play postflop. Basically you have to go broke on a lot of flops if you have a overpair but therefore rather go broke preflop.

Best regards.