[NL2-NL10] Ak Bu

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Just want to ask you veriz, what kind of hands they could be doing this with ? I just can´t put him on a hand when he c/r as a pfa esp on such a flop. I mean I could easily check behind any kind of hand and take a free card.

However think it´s the kind of spot where I´d spew a lot in past. Just forced myself to fold here which I´m proud about :D . I mean, I really tend to call here, because I go like - ah what can he have, no reasonable hand bla bla ... and would spew my money :D

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Přehrát handu

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $5.00
      BB:
      $5.17
      MP1:
      $5.29
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $5.20
      CO:
      $3.98
      BU (Hero):
      $5.07

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, K.
      3 folds, CO raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.37) 8, 2, 3 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.25, CO raises to $0.60, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.62.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

It could very easily be some bluff hand. But of course it depends a lot on your table dynamics. Either you were aggressive against him? Did you float him a lot? Did you play back against him? Did you 3bet against him? Did he loose some pots to you.

But basically he will more often have a bluff here than a made hand. Because most of the overpairs will just CBet while the FD is possible.

Although I wouldn't really do anything fancy either if I wouldn't really know the opponent better.

Best regards.
    • Vice1
      Vice1
      Bronze
      Veriz I have a question about this hand:

what do you think about the hero's bet on the flop? Is this also dependent of the table dynamics or is it standard that when ppl don't cbet on a drawyheavy board and you are IP you should bet?

I'm asking this because you do have some SD value with your A high. Also mid pairs would maybe c/c here and you should fire multiple barrels to get them (maybe of).

So I was wondering a check behind would be better? If it's not why not?
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      It could very easily be some bluff hand. But of course it depends a lot on your table dynamics. Either you were aggressive against him? Did you float him a lot? Did you play back against him? Did you 3bet against him? Did he loose some pots to you.
      No, that´s the thing.

But basically he will more often have a bluff here than a made hand. Because most of the overpairs will just CBet while the FD is possible.
      That´s what I was thinking .. so it would be possible to call his raise and if he checks the turn then bet again ?

Will probably stick to not going fancy at these stakes unless I see them doing it more often ...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      what do you think about the hero's bet on the flop? Is this also dependent of the table dynamics or is it standard that when ppl don't cbet on a drawyheavy board and you are IP you should bet?

The problem with Checking behind is that if the is pretty aggressive opponent then he is just betting the turn and we can't really do much. But with betting the flop we gain fold equity + we gain as well maybe even a free card for river and even free showdown in some cases.

That´s what I was thinking .. so it would be possible to call his raise and if he checks the turn then bet again ?

Nah not really unless you know the opponent better. Just give it up if he is rather new to you.
    • Vice1
      Vice1
      Bronze
      But when he is a aggressive opponent he can maybe bet the turn with his made hands and his air.. When you then call this bet on the turn you lost just as much as when you cbet on the flop against his made hands only now you sometimes gained a bet by his air betting on the turn. This bet you didn't gained when letting his air fold on the flop.

Am I thinking to complicated? Or can you see the cbet on the flop as a protection bet against his air because he has at least 6 outs with that..? Besides that it improves the playability of the hand if I understand your reply correctly :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by RicoW
      But when he is a aggressive opponent he can maybe bet the turn with his made hands and his air.. When you then call this bet on the turn you lost just as much as when you cbet on the flop against his made hands only now you sometimes gained a bet by his air betting on the turn. This bet you didn't gained when letting his air fold on the flop.

Am I thinking to complicated? Or can you see the cbet on the flop as a protection bet against his air because he has at least 6 outs with that..? Besides that it improves the playability of the hand if I understand your reply correctly :)
      That's usually the reason why I would bet the flop. That if they are aggressive then they may just sense weakness by our Check on turn and may bet it with those air type of hands which we still may win.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I´d just like to add that if they check such a flop as pfa it usually means they´re giving up, because any pair or better type of hand they would bet for value (protection) :)