[NL2-NL10] What is the most likely psychological cause of these 2 hands?

• YuvalW
      YuvalW
      Bronze
      I lost a lot of money today, it was completely my fault and I know the theoretical reason:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.23
      BU:
      $2.12

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:diamond: , J:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 3 folds, BU calls $0.08, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) T:diamond: , 9:club: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, BU calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.47) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.5, BU calls $0.50.

River: ($1.47) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.4, BU calls $1.40 (All-In).

Final Pot: $4.27

================================================

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $0.82
      BB:
      $0.82
      Hero:
      $2.29

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , 7:heart:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.24) J:diamond: , 8:spade: , 4:club: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.04, BB calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.08, BB calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.60) 5:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.62, SB folds, BB calls $0.60 (All-In).

River: ($1.84) J:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.84

I know I played these hands terribly wrong. I already folded much stronger hands to signs of strength, and I already check/folded weaker hands when my opponent played passive.
      But with these two hands I got stuck because for some reason I was sure I can force them to fold. When I have hands that I felt were good enough to enter a pot it's just hard for me to give up on them without any signs of strength from my opponents and I get really confused and committed. What are good ways to work on it?

A few notes about the second hand:
      -I raised with such a hand since I misread these 2 as tight passive players according to the stats they accumulated so far and to some observation.
      -I took the mini raises as signs of weakness and therefore raised, I wouldn't have raised without them.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello YuvalW,

Please try to keep 1 hand per thread. :) Helps us more to concentrate on just one hand and we can write better evaluations.

Hand #1
      I don't like the overbet on turn, if you want to CBet it as well then I would likely do it like $0,3 which is enough. Otherwise I'd just Check/Fold it on river. He doesn't look that tight player either that he will easily fold his TP.

Hand #2
      If you want to raise it at all on flop then do it a bit bigger. Otherwise just give it up as you get Called. Ain't worth to continue bluffing. Or just take the great odds and Call and ship it if you hit.

Best regards.